|Location||Blackpool or Manchester|
|Salary||£31,989 - £34,285|
|Work hours||37 per week|
• Learning and development tailored to your role
|Closing date||3 December 2020|
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP Digital offers uniquely challenging and fulfilling careers for people interested in using their skills to make a genuine difference to society. We’re delivering a once-in-a-generation digital transformation of DWP’s products and services that will make it easier for people to access the support they need.
We’re part of the UK’s biggest government department, and along with 85,000 colleagues, we support 20 million people every day to help them to find work and save for their future.
We want someone to join our Digital Capability team, and help us with reporting, MI and data analysis. You will be part of a friendly team who are passionate about delivering great things and getting the best out of our digital talent.
🚀 have a forensic eye to detail
🚀 love data
🚀can organise disparate information quickly and confidently
🚀 adapt quickly to new tools and databases
🚀 are brilliant at Excel
🚀 can spot an anomalous piece of information instantly
…then we want to hear from you. Click APPLY now.
Data. Work. People.
Our Digital Capability team is core to building and retaining talent in order to ensure DWP Digital has an effective and motivated workforce. We enable our digital teams to build capability by learning, hiring and working together.
We need better reporting, insight and data to make sure we invest our time and energy in the right things. Your work will help us make good decisions, with tangible impacts on our digital talent and DWP’s ability to deliver for our users.
You might be someone with experience as an HR Analyst, an MI Specialist or a Financial Reporting Manager. You’ll use those skills and more in this critical role as you create and manage the reporting suite for Digital Capability.
You’ll work to understand our MI requirements and design reports that show us what we need to see. You know the best measures, metrics and KPIs to use to help us understand performance and impact across people focused work areas.
An important part of your role will be to prepare reports for colleagues and very senior stakeholders, which will influence decision across areas like recruitment, skills, apprenticeships and diversity.
You know how to analyse this data and illustrate for audiences, you can identify gaps in our data and source new datasets. You’ll find better ways to report, and to access and store the data we need.
What skills and experience do we need you to show us?
- You have experience of bringing together large complex sets of data, to create MI reports and dashboards – for example for HR or Finance – to a high standard.
- You’re a great communicator and understand effective data visualisation – you can present information clearly and in the best way.
- You have excellent planning and organisation skills, with an eye for details and deadlines
- You understand of importance of confidentiality, handling data securely and being able to apply appropriate governance and policies eg. GDPR
- You have extensive experience of using a range of tools, systems, databases and spreadsheets to analyse, organise and manipulate datasets (including Excel)
- You’re a brilliant team player who can work well with anyone
Details. Wages. Perks.
You’ll join us in one of our brilliant North-West digital hubs in your choice of Blackpool or Manchester: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations
We also have all the tech and tools we need to work flexibly. Many of us are currently working from home due to Covid-19.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £34,285 brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application.