Number of vacancies
Leeds or Manchester
£35,310 — Up to £45,535
37 hours per week (flexi time)
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 20%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
7 May 2021
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP is the UK’s largest government department. We deliver products and services that are used by millions of people in the UK, every day and at key moments in their lives. We are looking for a talented Microsoft 365 Platform Engineer to work with us on a once-in-a-generation digital transformation of these services.
DWP Digital is our growing community of digital experts. Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything we do – we create innovative, scalable digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users and to our amazing DWP colleagues.
Duties. Work. Projects.
You’ll be part of a team which design, build and maintain the DWPs Microsoft 365 platform and related services.
We see the role of the Platform Engineer as providing engineering support and maintenance of infrastructure solutions and services. Working in a team of infrastructure specialists and engineers you make services are delivered and used as require, and systems are as healthy and reliable as possible
You’ll also will work with and supports third parties to provide infrastructure services for DWP. And you will deal with the day to day management and development of infrastructure products and contribute towards their design.
What skills, knowledge and experience will you need to show us?
- Microsoft Office 365 (SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams, Exchange etc.)
- Azure Active Directory and Group Management.
- Azure, that includes managing users, groups and admin roles using Privileged Identity Management (PIM).
- Conditional Access policies and service principals.
- PowerShell/Kusto Query Language (KQL)
- The ideal candidate should also have knowledge of Unified Labelling and Data Loss Prevention Policies.
Details. Workplace. Pay.
You’ll join us in a brilliant digital hub in your choice of Leeds or Manchester: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £45,535 a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application.
If you want to talk about this opportunity before you apply contact me via email@example.com