Number of vacancies
£49,171 — £59,589
We have the tech and tools we need to enable you to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
Up to 27.5% pension contribution, excellent learning, development and progression prospects. Access to the latest tech and tooling and most importantly how to best leverage and exploit these innovations… plus we’re really friendly.
28 February 2021
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP Digital are looking for a Product Manager to look after our high profile, high priority software delivery products and services.
We’re modernising products, services and system that millions of people use and rely on as as part of a once-in-a-generation digital reform. We’re using fresh ideas and leading-edge technologies to create innovative digital solutions that will make support and services more efficient to run and easier to access for over 20 million users.
We are growing our Product Manager capability and we’ve recently added some great PM talent to this team. We’d love you to join them. You’ll influence and shape delivery in DWP at a critical time for the UK. We’re taking on unique challenges and solving problems that you won’t find elsewhere, all driven by an extraordinary purpose.
Delivery. Work. Product.
As a Product Manager for the UK’s largest government department, and you’ll have real influence over major products that will be used by millions of people.
You’ll look after our API Integration products and services. You’ll need expertise and experience in the software delivery lifecycle and an ability to deliver at scale.
You’ll join a thriving Product Management community. And you’ll work as part of an Agile multi-disciplinary Hybrid Cloud Service team.
You’ll use your skills a persuasive and engaging communicator, and your experience of delivering and solving problems on behalf of engineers and architects, to get the job done.
You will manage and influence product strategy fit for our technical frameworks and capability. You’ll also establish strong, supportive and influential relationships with senior stakeholders across the DWP, as an ambassador and for best practice in product management.
What skills and experience will I need?
You are an expert product manager, comfortable operating in a complex environment, with the techniques and toolkit to:
- Exploit and enhance your software delivery product and service. You’ll manage a major integration and exchange software delivery product and service on behalf of the department with your eagle eye view being adept @ communication with the varied parties involved in an a typical multi-disciplinary team
- Manage and influence product strategy – you’ll manage the product roadmap and prioritise the technical product backlog to maximise value and ROI.
- Contribute to the product vision – you’ll engage with teams and stakeholders, building relationships big enough to set and develop the product vision over time.
- Manage the product lifecycle and backlog– you can maintain and iterate a product over time using metrics to make sure it continuously meets the goals you’ve set, meets the user needs and works effectively.
- Be user focused – you’ll act as the voice of the business and the users, telling their story during development and iterations of the service.
- Skills in problem management and user centred analysis will be assessed from your application, and we’ll ask for evidence of your knowledge of agile practices and of your strategic insight later in the selection process.
Details. Wages. Perks.
Your base can be in Manchester. Find out more about our hubs here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
We also all have the tech and tools we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £59,589, a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, qualifications and accreditation, career progression opportunities and lots more.
- We’ve just been shortlisted for a Best Place to Work in Digital Award: https://bit.ly/3lL7DJR
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
We value capability over experience, and we’ll ask you to demonstrate the depth and breadth of your skills/knowledge in your application. Show us what you can do. Communicate your experience and delivery contextualised within software delivery lifecycle and other pertinent experience as defined in the apply form.
If you have any questions or you want more tips for success, reach out to me before you apply via Mimi.Enefiok@dwp.gov.uk
Check out some tips for getting hired here at DWP Digital via here and also this link