Number of vacancies
£54,067 — Up to £64,656
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, generous annual leave, flexible working and lots more…
7 March 2021
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
At DWP Digital we’ve created new opportunities for Product Managers to look after and manage one of our biggest and high profile services; DataWorks.
DWP is the UK’s largest government department. We’re responsible for £150bn payments to over 20 million people. We’re modernising the products, services and systems we use and deliver as part of a once-in-a-generation digital reform.
Our agile, multi-disciplinary teams use fresh ideas and leading-edge technologies to create innovative use-centric digital solutions that will make support and services more efficient to run and easier to access for everyone who needs them
We have steadily been growing our Product Manager community over the years and we’d love you to join them – it’s a brilliant, and significant, time to really influence and shape delivery in DWP Digital.
Delivery. Work. Product.
You’ll join our DataWorks team. We develop and provide data products and services.
DataWorks is the DWP platform for Universal Credit (UC), it provides analytical functionality on a scalable and robust AWS platform. It supports operational capability for 300+ users across the data science, analytical and finance communities as well as supplying data to other parts of DWP and Government.
We are a multi-disciplinary team focusing on knowledge transfer, transparency, agile, and iterative ways of working. We work in a fast paced, dynamic delivery environment providing best-in-class services, which we aim to continually improve.
You’ll help ensure we deliver consistent products with common capabilities, features, and design that meet our users’ needs. We’re using technologies which collect data about use, user experience and performance in a level of detail that was previously impossible. To do this, we will build in reuse and consistency, so we don’t duplicate products and features.
You’ll bring your expertise in technical product management backlog management, shaping the roadmap and delivery in collaboration with suppliers and customers. You’ll use data and your expertise to make difficult decisions for our team and for DWP, and to develop a product strategy.
You’ll use your skills as a persuasive and engaging communicator, and your experience of solving problems to get the job done.
You’ll also develop communities of practice which enhance opportunities for our people to share and learn.
This is a high profile and high priority project and product. You’ll contribute to product leadership for DWP, the UK’s largest government department, and you’ll have real influence over major products that will be used by millions of people.
What skills and experience will I need?
You are an expert product manager, comfortable operating in a complex environment, with the techniques and toolkit to:
- Exploit and enhance DataWorks platform – Manage and input into the vision for the theme area of the product, working with stakeholders to ensure strategic fit and engaging the development team to maintain alignment and buy in
- Develop product strategy – Develop the theme product strategy and manage the product roadmap as well as prioritising the product backlog through a range of techniques to maximise value and return on investment
- Set the product vision – Define product goals and metrics, monitoring performance against outcomes.
- Manage product backlogs – Identify and communicate user needs to the development and delivery teams through the creation of backlog items (user stories) and representing users and other stakeholders at team meetings such as planning and review session.
- Be user focused – Manage, influence and negotiate stakeholder relationships and communicate progress and achievements, championing the product within the department.
- Be Agile – Ensure the product is developed to an appropriate level of quality taking into consideration expected lifetime, investment and timeframes
Details. Wages. Perks.
Your base can be in London. Find out more about our hubs here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
We also all have the tech and tools we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £64,656, a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, qualifications and accreditation, career progression opportunities and lots more.
- We’ve just been shortlisted for a Best Place to Work in Digital Award: https://bit.ly/3lL7DJR
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
We value capability over experience, and we’ll ask you to demonstrate the depth and breadth of your skills/knowledge in your application. Show us what you can do.
If you have any questions or you want more tips for success, reach out to me before you apply via Mimi.Enefiok@dwp.gov.uk
Check out some tips for getting hired here at DWP Digital via here and also this link