|Number of vacancies||4|
|Location||Manchester and Newcastle Upon Tyne|
|Salary||£47,971 — £58,315|
|Work hours||37, flexi-time, part-time, compressed hours considered|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
|Closing date||11 December 2019|
Digital with Purpose. Join DWP Digital …
We’re looking for talented product managers with a background in delivering a quality service outcomes to join DWP’s Digital and become a key part of one of the UK’s biggest and most high-profile digital transformation programmes. Some will support our Digital Debt Service to deliver an integrated service outcome and the others leading our Counter Fraud and Error product in Newcastle.
We’re delivering a once-in-a-generation reform of products and services that will put world class technology solutions into the hands of the people that need them most, whether that’s the millions that access DWP services or our brilliant frontline colleagues.
If you are a digital leader with subject/product expertise in technology based and/or service solutions with a track record delivering high level user adoption, user experience, and delivering and maintaining a live service, we’d love to hear from you.
You and your role
As a Product Manager owning our Digital Debt Service and Counter Fraud and Error, you will manage the evolution of a key strategic product. You’ll provide strategic and tactical product leadership for change programme management, user adoption, user experience and digital strategy ensuring DWP gets the best out of our existing solutions.
You’ll own this service, providing an expert voice and contributing to a clear direction for both products respectively and related change management programmes and services. You also be responsible for the high level roadmap and for “keeping the lights on”, ensuring that all our people have the solutions they need to stay connected.
You’re a great technology product lead that can steer teams to deliver outcomes that are for a service not and not a typical product. You should have extensive depth and breadth of experience in people and thought leadership, and in the creation and conception of a significant programme, product or project.
What are we looking for?
- You’re a product adoption guru: you have managed and communicated a product roadmap, delivered though leadership, strategy and direction for product in a large and complex organisational context.
- You simply deliver: you have successfully delivered one or more products meeting a number of successful outcomes as well as supporting live service running
- You’re on top of industry trends: you are in touch and involved in the latest technology and automation solutions trends
- You can solve it like Sherlock: you can make effective decisions based on incomplete information using a range of techniques. You solve problems and empower others to do the same.
- You’re an effective communicator: you take and act upon challenge from stakeholders. You work across department or functional boundaries in order to effectively communicate a product vision and gain stakeholder buy in. You have also worked with users to articulate their needs and communicated these to a product team
Where will you work?
You’ll join us in our brilliant new digital hub in Manchester or Newcastle. Find out more about this brilliant, easy-to-reach city centre site here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, disability, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £58,135, a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, holidays, insurance, healthcare, events, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, progression opportunities and guaranteed 5-days formal learning per year.
- And lots more
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
If you have any questions of you want to discuss the role before you apply get in touch with me via Mimi.Enefiok@dwp.gov.uk