|Salary||£52,748 - Up to £63,079|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
|Closing date||16 December 2019|
If you’re creative and skilled, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for talented Senior Agile delivery Manager to join DWP’s Digital Workplace project and become a key part of one of the UK’s biggest and most high-profile digital transformation programmes. If you love solving problems and want to use your skills on projects with real impact, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re delivering a once-in-a-generation reform of products and services that will put world class technology solutions into the hands of the people that need them most, whether that’s the millions that use and rely on DWP services or our brilliant frontline colleagues.
You and your role
As a Senior Agile Delivery Manager you will be responsible for leading the delivery of Sharepoint Online and One Drive for Business rollout to the DWP user community of up to 90000 users.
You will have exposure to both Agile and Waterfall deliveries, with a proven ability to select the right approaches and methods to ensure that successful outcomes are delivered to end users.
You will drive the pace of delivery across projects and programmes and hold responsibility for owning key blockers until they are resolved, whilst guiding other members of the delivery community to help them to deliver effectively.
What are we looking for?
• You will have strong agile background with the experience of leading a delivery team .
• You will have extensive and demonstrable experience of working in large scale transformation project and have the ability to work at pace, within complex multi-disciplinary teams and be an excellent communicator at all levels .
• You have a solid understanding of the technical solution and how to integrate this into user-focused plans for deployment and delivery of Sharepoint Online and One Drive for Business.
• You will own and build relationships with the technical teams, product owners, senior stakeholders, management utilising effective and appropriate governance mechanisms.
• You will provide agile leadership to a multi-disciplinary agile team and you’ll help embed agile principles and practices across the wider organisation and build and nurture the relationships with senior stakeholders.
• As a Senior Agile delivery manager you will lead agile events across multiple projects and set the standards ensuring business and delivery teams are working to a common, shared objective and vision, to deliver specific outcomes.
Where will you work?
DWP Digital is a community of digital professionals within DWP, the largest government department. Our digital services are delivered from 6 modern, open and flexible hubs in Blackpool, Leeds, London, Manchester, Newcastle and Sheffield.
We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things. You will work alongside people who care passionately about public service, making a difference and delivering for our customers.
You’ll join our team in London, where you’ll enjoy great facilities and active local community. Find out more about each of hubs and the great facilities onsite here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
In Digital Workplace we believe in giving you a working experience that meets your needs and expectations and that means a focus on work-life balance, flexible hours, team-based working and the ability to work from multiple locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, disability, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £63,079, a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
• Flexible working and family friendly policies
• Volunteering and charitable giving
• Discounts and savings on shopping, holidays, insurance, healthcare, events, fun days out and more
• Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
• Sports and social activities
• Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, progression opportunities and guaranteed 5-days formal learning per year.
• And lots more
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
If you have any questions of you want to discuss the role before you apply get in touch with me via Suchitra.firstname.lastname@example.org