Number of vacancies
Leeds, London, Manchester
£49,171 — £64,656
• Learning and development tailored to your role
• An environment with flexible working options
• A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
• An employer pension contribution of up to 27%
• A generous annual leave allowance, starting @ 25 days and rising to 30 days per year
9 April 2021
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP Digital offers uniquely challenging and fulfilling careers for people interested in using their skills to make a genuine difference to society.
We’re part of the UK’s biggest government department, and along with around 90,000 colleagues, we support over 20 million people every day to help them to find work and save for their future.
Few other organisations globally provide the same opportunity to apply next-generation digital technology on a massive scale to issues which touch the lives of so many. You’ll be a key part of one of the UK’s biggest and most high-profile digital transformation programmes, a once-in-a-generation reform of government products and services.
Delivery. Work. Projects.
In this role you will manage the delivery of digital for SharePoint Online and One Drive for Business rollout to the DWP user community of up to 90,000 users.
You’ll live breathe and embody Agile, but you will also be working in environments that require a mix of Waterfall and Agile.
So, you’re a hybrid. And you’re good for our environment….
You’ll be an exemplary servant leader; steering from the front. You’ll remove blockers and the create right environment for your multidisciplinary teams to succeed, helping them to self-sufficiency and creating a culture of learning and transparency.
Ideally you’ll have delivered and fulfilled MS 365 Suite products and live services. But what matters most is evidence of hands on delivery of projects and portfolios at scale, user centred focus and design, and delivery across multiple phases through to live service.
You’ll use your skills a persuasive and engaging communicator, and your experience of delivering and solving cross-cutting problems to get the job done.
And you’ll add to our thriving community of practice, where you’ll share best practice, insight and support with a bunch of other talented, expert Agile Delivery Managers. Together we’ll continue to embed agile into the fabric of DWP and find ways to innovate.
What skills and experience are we looking for?
- You’re an agile guru: You have experience of leading and delivering in an agile environment. You’re an agile enthusiast that has worked in software development products and live services and can apply the right tools and techniques to facilitate end-end project/service delivery
- You eat complexity for breakfast: You have experience of delivering software across the lifecycle for complex projects
- You’re an experienced tactical and strategic Delivery Manager: You have experience of successfully managing multiple live projects and services
- You’re a leader: You have experience of coaching and leading multiple delivery teams simultaneously through the full product lifecycle
Details. Wages. Perks.
You’ll join our team with a base office in one of our London, Leeds or Manchester hubs. Click the link to find out more on our Digital hubs. : https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
We also all have the tech and tools we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
We offer a competitive salary up to £64,656 and a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package starting at 26 days (plus bank holidays).
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working, flexi hours and flexi days off
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, qualifications and accreditation, career progression opportunities and lots more.
- We’ve just been shortlisted for a Best Place to Work in Digital Award: https://bit.ly/3lL7DJR
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs. Show us what you’ve done, what you know and what you can do in DWP.
If you have any questions or you want more tips for success, reach out to me before you apply via Mimi.Enefiok@dwp.gov.uk