|Salary||Up to £66,376|
Our flexible benefits package includes employer pension contributions of up to 10%, a performance related annual bonus of up to 10%, and lots more.
|Closing date||18 November 2019|
Do you want to be part of something really big?
We are looking for Senior Agile Delivery Managers to work with us on one of the largest transformation programmes in Europe, providing digital services that have far-reaching and pivotal roles in citizens’ lives.
We know that better digital services in government will mean better public services, with the power to make a difference to lives of 22 million UK citizens. In BPDTS Ltd our fast growing team of digital experts is driving that change.
Agile Delivery is about delivering the right outcomes for our users through our product development. We work with, guide and coach cross-functional teams using agile principle. We work in a challenging and complex domain, developing products and services that touch millions of lives, while also building the foundation for future ways of working across all of government.
As a Senior Agile Delivery Manager you will be accountable for the effective delivery of complex, high risk digital products and services often delivered by multiple teams using agile techniques. You will build and maintain these teams. You are accountable for the performance of these teams and also for the performance of other Agile Delivery Managers.
You will have a good understanding of Digital strategy, solutions architecture, software engineering, business operational process design, non-digital artefact design (e.g. paper forms), user research, user experience design and aspects of policy development that allows you to dynamically manage complex delivery across multiple teams at task and theme level.
You will also have an understanding of waterfall methodologies and the importance of working within governance frameworks as part of spending public funds responsibly.
You will be an experienced leader of advanced agile/lean techniques and will be tasked with ensuring delivery teams and Agile Delivery Managers are empowered to self-organise effectively.
You will form an important part of the Delivery Management Community of Practice, contributing ideas and thoughts to the group to enrich the standard of the service provision, whilst displaying the BPDTS behaviours and promoting BPDTS Value.
What are we looking for?
PLANNING, TEAM DYNAMICS AND COLLABORATION
- Coaches the organisation on team dynamics and conflict resolution
- Solves and unblocks issues between teams or departments at the highest level
AGILE AND LEAN PRACTICES, EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION AND MAKING THE PROCESS WORK
- Coaches and leads teams in agile and lean practices.
- Is a recognised expert that advocates these approaches, continuously reflecting and challenging the team
MAINTAINING DELIVERY MOMENTUM AND LIFECYCLE PERSPECTIVE
- Successfully leads teams through the full product lifecycle.
- Identifies which tools and techniques should be used at each stage and develops sustainable support models.
COMMERCIAL MANAGEMENT AND FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
- Influences or create budgets that are complex (this could be across an organisation, programme or product view).
- Acts as the escalation point and resolve large or high risk commercial management issues.
SOFTWARE ENGINEERING & PRODUCT DESIGN
- Had a senior engineering leadership role in an agile software development team OR been a successful Senior Agile Delivery Manager OR has been a proficient software engineer with diverse experience OR substantial and diverse experience working directly with developers to understand and assist in delivery of detailed coding tasks,
- Familiar with secure coding & testing standards/best practices.
- Understands delivery dimensions of customer-centric product design at task level including service design, user research, business analysis and data analysis. Aware of standards, methods, tools, etc.
- Also has awareness of strategic product design principles.
TECHNICAL SERVICE MANAGEMENT AND WATERFALL PROJECT & PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT
- Managing a live technical support team at task level.
- Understands ITIL service management and able to integrate agile delivery with change, release and support processes.
- Has managed projects and programmes that include significant digital delivery.
Where will you work?
BPDTS Ltd provides dedicated services to the Department for Work and Pensions. Our digital, data and technology specialists work closely with experts in DWP Digital’s community to make digital services quicker, simpler and more efficient for the millions of people that use them.
You’ll join us in our brilliant digital hubs in Leeds.Each of our hub is designed for and by members of our digital community. We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things.
Leeds is one of our most established hubs, so you’ll work alongside some really talented teams on high profile projects. If you’re not satisfied by the facilities onsite, which include coffee shops, restaurant, swimming pool and a dentist (not fun but very handy), then you’ll find the best of the city on our doorstep. If you’re anything like us you’ll find every excuse to grab some great street food for lunch from the likes of Manjit’s Kitchen and Fat Annie’s in our near neighbour Kirkgate Market.
What is our offer?
- We’ll reward you with a very competitive salary of up to £66,376
- You will be eligible for a pension with employer contributions of up to 10%
- We can offer you a performance related annual bonus of up to 10%
- We’ll help you balance your life and work#We’ll give you a generous leave allowance, with the option to buy and sell extra days
We also offer much more as part of a flexible benefits package – including a cycle to work scheme and lots of family friendly perks – which can be tailored to your lifestyle.
Building our future
We believe the work we do really matters, so we’re serious about investing in you.
You’ll have access to a huge suite of training and learning opportunities to complement the new skills you’ll acquire on the job. You’ll get the chance to share knowledge and with colleagues from across our digital communities, and to grow your skills through our coaching and mentoring programmes.
Hit APPLY for more information and to continue your application on our careers page. There you will also find candidate pack with more information, which you can download by clicking the ‘Candidate Information Pack’ button.
You’ll need to register (you can use your LinkedIn profile) and then complete a short application form where you’ll upload a CV and answer the following question: “What is your preferred agile framework, and why?”
If you have any questions or you want to discuss this opportunity please contact me via Suchitra.firstname.lastname@example.org.