|Number of vacancies||1|
|Location||Newcastle , Blackpool or Manchester|
|Salary||Up to £72,312|
|Incentive compensation||Pension + Bonus|
Our flexible benefits package includes employer pension contributions of up to 10%, a performance related annual bonus of up to 10%, and lots more…
|Closing date||6 December 2019|
Want to be part of something really big? If you’re creative and curious to learn, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for Senior AIX/Linux Server Support Engineer to work with us on one of the biggest transformation programmes in Europe, providing services that have far-reaching and pivotal roles in citizens’ lives.
In BPDTS Ltd you will be part of an organisation responsible for the delivery of digital platforms and services, real-time analytics and flexible infrastructure, providing secure and resilient services to DWP. Joining an innovative, supportive, and fast growing community of skilled digital professionals you will work in agile and creative ways to improve public services and touch the lives of 22 million UK citizens.
You and your role
The Senior AIX/Linux Server Support Engineer will provide leadership and technical subject matter expertise to operate infrastructure services and solutions for the DWP.
You’ll manage operational support of IT solutions and services and the workload, performance and development of a team of IT operations specialist. You’ll also work on third party provision of IT Operations services, and provision of expertise to programmes and projects as well as the development of architectural solutions for IT Operations.
You are comfortable dealing with high impact, complex change requests, making decisions and managing risk. You have the capability and credibility to own a resolve issues, and the communication skills to communicate outcomes to a range of audiences.
You’re an experienced Server Support Engineer and leader, so you’ll recognise this role without us describing it here. But you might not recognise the scale at which we work and the impact of what we do.
And you may not have worked for an organisation quite like BPDTS. We’re nimble, flexible and agile like a small tech co, but with responsibility and the ability to make a difference to society, to do large scale, complex work in the public interest with the power to change lives.
What are we looking for?
- You have experience in hosting operations in a large organisation and you’re a skilled practitioner/role model in Infrastructure solutions
- You have significant experience of the main Infrastructure technologies – Compute, Network, Storage
- You have experience in the design of Infrastructure services in collaboration with Architecture and Engineering principle.
- You are highly experienced in AIX (5.2 > 7) and Red Hat Linux (5 > 7.5) server management/support and associated technologies such as HP BL660c Blades, C7000’s, IBM VIO and Hardware Management Console
- You have a background/experience in wider AIX and Linux technology such as HACMP, GPFS, Power8 infrastructure, OVM and VMWare
- You have a trong background in Service Management & Operations (particularly Request Fulfilment, Incident/Problem/Change Management) with experience of Service Transition including Monitoring and Event Management
- You’ve worked on the development and implementation of service improvement plans to address identified issues
- You have significant leadership and management experience with the ability to motivate and communicate
Where will you work?
BPDTS Ltd provides dedicated services to the Department for Work and Pensions. Our digital, data and technology specialists work closely with experts in DWP Digital’s community to make digital services quicker, simpler and more efficient for the millions of people that use them.
You’ll join us in one of our easy-to-reach digital hubs in Blackpool, Manchester or Newcastle.
Find out more here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
What is our offer?
- We’ll reward you with a very competitive salary of Up to £72,312
- You will be eligible for a pension with employer contributions of up to 10%
- We can offer you a performance-related annual bonus of up to 10%#We’ll help you balance your life and work
- We’ll give you a generous leave allowance, with the option to buy and sell extra days
- Learning, development, coaching and much more to enhance your career
We also offer much more as part of a flexible benefits package – including a cycle to work scheme and lots of family friendly perks – which can be tailored to your lifestyle.
Hit APPLY for more information and to continue your application on our careers page. There you will also find candidate pack with more information, which you can download by clicking the ‘Candidate Information Pack’ button.
If you have any questions or you want to discuss this opportunity please contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org