|Number of vacancies||1|
|Location||Blackpool, Manchester or Newcastle|
|Salary||Up to £72,312|
|Incentive compensation||Pension + bonus|
Our flexible benefits package includes employer pension contributions of up to 10%, a performance related annual bonus of up to 10%, and lots more’.
|Closing date||23 August 2019|
Want to be part of something really big?
If you’re creative and curious to learn, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for Senior Backup Engineer to work with us on one of the biggest transformation programmes in Europe, providing services that have far-reaching and pivotal roles in citizens’ lives.
In BPDTS Ltd you will be part of an organisation responsible for the delivery of digital platforms and services, real-time analytics and flexible infrastructure, providing secure and resilient services to DWP. Joining an innovative, supportive, and fast growing community of skilled digital professionals you will work in agile and creative ways to improve public services, with the power to make a difference to the lives of 22 million UK citizens.
You’ll be working in Infrastructure Operations which sits in the BPDTS ITSM Practice but provides leveraged services to IT Service Management and other areas of the DWP Business.
You and your role
As a Senior Backup Engineer you will build, administer, support and maintain solutions as directed and according to departmental policy. You will manage operational support of IT solutions and services including the workload, performance and development of a team.
You will support third party provision of IT Operations services and provide expertise to programmes and projects, as well as the development of architectural solutions for technology. You will also provide input in to overall management – workforce, budget, technology roadmaps, projects and tasks.
Working hours are flexible but required to deliver from Newcastle, Manchester or Blackpool. The team provides 24×7 on call cover on a rota basis and the successful candidate would be expected to join the rota.
What are we looking for? Your essential skills:
You understand and have experience with:
• TSM on Unix
• HPE StoreEver
• HPE StoreOnce
• EMC Networker on Linux
• Data Domain
The following are desirable skills. Great if you have some of them but we don’t expect you to have them all:
• Understands complex Backup infrastructure to provide technical leadership during major incidents
• ITIL with demonstrable in depth experience of Service Management in complex, multi-supplier environment including the definition and implementation of Service Management policies and processes (Service Strategy and Service Operations).
• Experience of developing strategy and implementing best practice frameworks for measuring, monitoring and reporting of operational performance.
• Experience of implementing, managing and supporting services that are aligned to the business strategy and operational requirements
Where will you work?
BPDTS Ltd provides dedicated services to the Department for Work and Pensions. Our digital, data and technology specialists work closely with experts in DWP Digital’s community to make digital services quicker, simpler and more efficient for the millions of people that use them.
You’ll join us in one of our easy-to-reach digital hubs in Blackpool, Manchester or Newcastle. Each hub has been designed for and by members of our digital community. We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multi-disciplinary teams think big and try new things.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
What is our offer?
• We’ll reward you with a very competitive salary of Up to £72,312
• You will be eligible for a pension with employer contributions of up to 10%
• We can offer you a performance-related annual bonus of up to 10%
• We’ll help you balance your life and work
• We’ll give you a generous leave allowance, with the option to buy and sell extra days
• Learning, development, career progression, access to coaching and qualifications
We also offer much more as part of a flexible benefits package – including a cycle to work scheme and lots of family friendly perks – which can be tailored to your lifestyle.
Hit APPLY for more information and to continue your application on our careers page. There you will also find candidate pack with more information, which you can download by clicking the ‘Candidate Information Pack’ button.
You’ll need to register (you can use your LinkedIn profile) and then complete a short application form where you’ll upload a CV.