|Number of vacancies||1|
|Work hours||37.5 hours per week|
Our flexible benefits package includes employer pension contributions of up to 10%, a performance related annual bonus of up to 10%, and lots more.
|Closing date||14 February 2019|
Do you want to be part of something really big?
Are you a Senior Business Analyst seeking a new challenge?
Are you a strategist who can lead the way in business process improvement?
Are you ready to join us in a massive digital challenge?
Then look no further, we’d love to hear from you!
We are looking for Senior Business Analysts to work with us on in a once-in-a-generation digital transformation. Our people work on projects that are revolutionising products and services that are used by millions of people every day.
We know that better digital services in government will mean better public services. Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything we do – we create innovative digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users.
We’re looking for Senior Business Analysts to support the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), in implementing change and improvements, including defining requirements on some of the UK’s biggest public-facing services.
You’ll be working alongside product owners as part of a multidisciplinary team to deliver a “world class service” designed for people who use them in line with the governments’ Digital service standard.
You’ll be rewarded for your contribution with development opportunities and pay that reflects your expertise.
You and your role
As a Senior Business Analyst working in BPDTS you’ll have considerable Business Analyst experience, working with a range of stakeholders and focusing on defining requirements and capturing user needs.
You’ll have an excellent understanding of strategic arenas and be able to influence large and complex projects with a focus on legacy systems and understanding of VME. You will have proven task management skills and the ability to mentor others.
You will expertly manage relationships, and advance the Business Analyst community through a range of activities including the sharing of best practice and mentoring others.
Working on the end to end journey you will ensure the user can complete their goal and the service provided meets the policy intent.
Essential Skills and Experience
• Can work effectively at pace across both agile and waterfall methodologies.
• Understand the development lifecycle in terms of stages, principles and the changing responsibilities of the Senior Business Analyst.
• Elicit requirements using a range of techniques in order to understand current processes and gather and prioritise new requirements. Collaborate with stakeholders at all levels and prepares business cases.
• Can document, prioritise and communicate all types of requirements using the most appropriate tools and techniques for the situation and audience.
• Elaborate stories and define acceptance criteria as part of a Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) approach to software delivery.
• Investigate requirements, problems and opportunities and lead effective solutions to meet user needs.
• Produce quality requirements documents; construct process and data models and other outputs appropriate to the audience and methodology.
• Facilitate scoping and priority setting of change initiatives and take responsibility for the investigation and application of changes to programme scope.
• Build long-term strategic relationships with senior stakeholders. Act as a single point of contact and facilitate access to colleagues and subject matter experts. Negotiate at senior level on technical and commercial issues and influence the development and enhancement of services, products and systems.
Desirable Skills and Experience
• BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis .
• Construct complex process and data models using mapping standards. Obtains input from and communicates modelling results to senior managers for agreement.
• Understand Business Implementation principles and issues relating to legacy systems , take ownership of issues including making recommendations and presenting alternative options when issues arise.
• Understands principles of testing phases in different project environments and the link to requirements documentation including production and execution of test scripts.
• Legacy benefit business and systems knowledge
• Technical understanding of the Virtual Machine Environment and VME COBOL
• Subject matter expertise of heritage benefit systems
• Analytical ability to compare legacy system documentation and code to impact high profile changes
• Understand principles of testing phases in different project environments and the link to legacy and remediation requirements documentation.
Where will you work?
BPDTS Ltd provides dedicated services to the Department for Work and Pensions. Our digital, data and technology specialists work closely with experts in DWP Digital’s community to make digital services quicker, simpler and more efficient for the millions of people that use them.
A great site designed for and by members of our digital community, here we provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things.
What is our offer?
• We’ll reward you with a very competitive salary of up to £64,730
• You will be eligible for a pension with employer contributions of up to 10%
• We can offer you a performance related annual bonus of up to 10%
• We’ll help you balance your life and work
• We’ll give you a generous leave allowance, with the option to buy and sell extra days
We also offer much more as part of a flexible benefits package – including a cycle to work scheme and lots of family friendly perks – which can be tailored to your lifestyle.
If you really impress us with your skills and experience then we may be able to negotiate the maximum salary.
Building our future
We believe the work we do really matters, so we’re serious about investing in you.
You’ll have access to a huge suite of training and learning opportunities to complement the new skills you’ll acquire on the job. You’ll get the chance to share knowledge and with colleagues from across our digital communities, and to grow your skills through our coaching and mentoring programmes.
How to Apply?
Hit APPLY for more information and to continue your application on our careers page. There you will also find candidate pack with more information.
You’ll need to register (you can use your LinkedIn profile) and then complete a short application form where you’ll upload a CV.
If you have any questions or you want to discuss this opportunity please contact me via email@example.com