|Number of vacancies||2|
|Salary||£34,448 — Up to £58,135|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lot more.
|Closing date||23 December 2019|
Digital Workplace Project. Digital with Purpose. DWP.
We’re looking for talented Business Relationship Managers to join DWP’s Digital Workplace project and become a key part of one of the UK’s biggest and most high-profile digital transformation programmes. If you love solving problems and want to use your skills on projects with real impact, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re delivering a once-in-a-generation reform of products and services that will put world class technology solutions into the hands of the people that need them most, whether that’s the millions that use and rely on DWP services or our brilliant frontline colleagues.
What is Digital Workplace?
It’s big. Over the last two years diverse DWP Digital teams have established Digital Workplace, an agile and multi-disciplinary service that supports over 84,000 employees, using more than 150 distributed cloud applications, operating out of more than 800 UK sites, and powering digital products and services used by more than 20 million people across the UK.
It’s evolving. So far we’ve moved all of our systems to hybrid hosting, removing the constraints of previous outsourced IT contracts, modernising our legacy infrastructure and stabilising performance.
It’s empowering our people. We’re improving communication and collaboration with a mix of new hardware including mini-PCs, Surface Pro laptops and a growing mobile phone network. By upgrading our software with the latest versions of Office 365, Skype for Business and our rebooted staff intranet we’re making sure our people always have the right tools and the latest professional digital skills.
You and your role
As a Senior Business relationship manager you will liaise with people and teams across Digital Group and selected End User or Enterprise service groups within the department to understand the operations and developmental needs of the line of business.
This role requires lots of collaboration with the business to plan new joint initiatives, evaluate proposals, and determine how they fit into IT strategy and track end-user satisfaction, and review insights with appropriate business and third-party representatives. So you’ll need to be a great communicator, capable of building strong relationships with all sorts of stakeholders.
You’ll use your background as an agile Leader or end user adoption specialist, and your expertise in investigating operational needs to drive and advise on future technology changes for DWP. You will actively influence how DWP approaches opportunities change and growth in projects, products and services relating to Digital Workplace.
What skills and experience are we looking for?
We are recruiting for 2 different levels of Business relationship Manager(Level 1 and Level II)
- As a Senior Business Relationship Manager, you will bring your innovative digital and technical know-how; be creative and flexible enough to work through the ambiguity of change.
- You will Identify and align end user needs to existing and new IT Operations’ processes and develop policies, standards and guidelines for IT strategy development and planning.
- You can communicate new digital products, services and changes successfully to all colleagues regardless of grade and digital awareness and provide coaching and upskilling sessions to colleagues either face to face or via Skype.
- You have extensive experience in building and developing effective working relationship with senior business managers and IT Services that bring IT and business working as one team.
- You will have the ability to demonstrate effective leadership and influencing skills with flexibility to adjust working style to fit with different teams.
- You will lead a team of Business Relationship Management Analysts and managers to prioritise, manage and drive agile projects.
Where will you work?
You’ll join our team in Manchester where you’ll enjoy great facilities and active local community.
Find out more here about our hubs: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
In Digital Workplace we believe in giving you a working experience that meets your needs and expectations and that means a focus on work-life balance, flexible hours, team-based working and the ability to work from multiple locations. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, disability, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £39,674 for the Level 1 role and up to £58,135 for the Level II role plus a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, holidays, insurance, healthcare, events, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, progression opportunities and guaranteed 5-days formal learning per year.
- And lots more
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
If you have any questions of you want to discuss the role before you apply get in touch with me via Suchitra.email@example.com