|Number of vacancies||2|
|Salary||£34,448 — £58,135|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, generous annual leave, flexible working
|Closing date||5 February 2020|
Join our Manchester team, help us transform public services, let’s make a real difference…
As a Senior Content Designer or Content Designer at DWP Digital, you’ll be a key part of our strong and supportive product design community, helping to deliver a once in a generation digital transformation.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll work in a multi-disciplinary team on services to prevent fraud, error and debt, and to help people to set up sustainable repayment plans. The scope is immense and evolving, and you’ll be designing content for a range of channels – web pages, texts, emails and letters.
Putting users’ needs at the heart of your work, you’ll use research and data to make your decisions. You’ll create content that makes people’s interactions with government as simple and quick as possible, helping people to find out or do what they need to, in the way they need to.
What we’re looking for
- You’re an excellent writer – with exemplary spelling and grammar, you can write and edit using a style guide and plain English.
- You’re a problem solver – eager to understand the problem the team is trying to solve, determined to base your content decisions on evidence from data and user research.
- You’re an advocate for users – with experience of agile and user-centred ways of working, you can explain your content decisions to product managers and put forward the case for content design to senior stakeholders.
Where you’ll work
Your base will be our central Manchester office which has excellent on-site facilities, including a café, cycle shelter, showers, Wudu washing facilities, and user experience lab.
What we offer
- a competitive salary and civil service pension with employer contributions of around 27%
- flexible working and family friendly policies
- an interest-free loan to buy a bike or a season ticket
- discounts and savings on shopping, holidays, insurance, healthcare, events, fun days out and more
- sports and social activities
- volunteering opportunities and charitable giving
- a strong and supportive user-centred design community of practice
- learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, progression opportunities and a guaranteed 5 days of formal learning per year
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, disability, gender, race or sexuality.
Select APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
If you have any questions of you want to discuss the role before you apply get in touch with me via Mimi.Enefiok@dwp.gov.uk