|Number of vacancies||9|
|Location||Blackpool, Leeds, London and Newcastle|
|Salary||Up to £40,666 / £64,656 (Senior)|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, generous annual leave, flexible working and lots more…
|Closing date||17 August 2020|
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
Join our brilliant teams looking after various portfolios all around the UK. Help us transform public services and make a real difference to the millions of people who use our services.
As a Senior Content Designer or Content Designer at DWP Digital, you’ll be a key part of our strong and supportive product design community, helping to deliver a once-in-a-generation digital transformation for the UK’s largest government department.
Duties. Work. Projects.
You’ll work as part of a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team on various projects. We’re helping our users to access our services, support and information to ensure UK citizens receive the money they need to support children across the UK.
Good content can make a massive difference to user experience and behaviour. You’ll write compelling, clear and pertinent content which drives optimal outcomes. The scope and impact of your role is huge and evolving. You’ll design content for a range of channels for a massive, diverse audience, including web pages, texts, emails and letters.
Our Content Designers put the user at the heart of everything we do. You’ll use research and data to make your decisions and to produce the best possible content. We want you to create content that makes people’s interactions with government as simple and quick as possible.
You’re an expert voice on Content Design and we want you to use your skills, knowledge and experience to build capability across our Content and Product Design communities. Together we’ll continue to use great design to help millions of people access the services and support the need
What we’re looking for
- You’re an excellent writer – with exemplary spelling and grammar, you can write and edit using a style guide and plain English.
- You’re a problem solver – you’re eager to understand the problem the team is trying to solve, and determined to base your content decisions on evidence from data and user research
- You’re an advocate for users – with experience of agile and user-centred ways of working, you can explain your content decisions to product managers and put forward the case for content design to senior stakeholders
Where you’ll work
Your base will be in different parts of the UK. https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
We are a building a Content Design community that believes in nurturing the talent of our people, and here you’ll step onto a career path with many opportunities to develop and expand your knowledge base and skill set.
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
Details. Wages. Perks.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £64,656, a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package. We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning, development, coaching and mentoring
- Career pathways and progression
- And lots more
For further information and to start your application click apply. You’ll be redirected to civil service jobs. Make sure you use your application to really demonstrate you’ve got the skills and experience we’re looking for.
Any further questions, queries please get in touch with via Mimi.Enefiok@dwp.gov.uk