Number of vacancies
£54,067 — up to £64,656
• Learning and development tailored to your role
• An environment with flexible working options
• A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
• An employer pension contribution of up to 27%
• A generous annual leave allowance, starting @ 25 days and rising to 30 days per year
11 May 2021
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP is the UK’s largest government department. We’re want a talented Content Designer to join our brilliant DWP digital team and help transform products and services used by over 22 million people. It’s a generation reform that will change how people interact with government, making services more accessible and easier to use.
As our Senior Content Designer for Universal Credit you will work on a hugely important online service, designing content to meet the needs of millions of users.
You’ll help people find out what they need to know, and do what they need to do, as simply and quickly as possible. It’s challenging but rewarding work for content designers who want to use their skills to help deliver better outcomes for people.
Design. Work. People.
Our Content designers work as part of a collaborative, multi-disciplinary teams, alongside User Researchers, Product Owner, Architects, Engineers and more. You help put the user at the heart of what we build.
You’ll develop content strategy and solutions for really complex services and products, working with digital and non-digital content. This will include creating joined-up user journeys, evaluating current content strategies based on the results of user research and data and iteratively improve existing content.
You’ll have a real influence over what good content looks like in DWP.
You’ll map and write user stories and be responsible for content quality, including reviewing the work of others. You’ll help to set and implement style guidance and content design patterns. You’ll promote user-centred content design within UC, DWP and beyond. And you’ll advise our community on the best content design tools and methods.
If you’re looking for size, scale, reach and impact you’ll find it all here. You’ll lead on cross-government content projects and engage with the wider government content community; supporting discussions at a senior departmental level.
We’re actively building our content design community within the department and across government. You’ll have opportunity to mentor other content designers and lots of chance to grow your own skills within a supportive framework.
What we’re looking for
- Evidence of user-centred Content Design experience
- Depth and breadth of experience as a Content Designer
- In your application you will be asked to input your career history and complete a technical content design exercise, designed to let you show us your Content Design skills
The sift panel will use the information relating to your employment history (your CV) and response to the exercise to assess your ability on the technical skill user-centred content design.
When giving details of your employment history, you should therefore include details of the work and projects that you have been involved in and what you did in each role.
Details. Wages. Perks.
You’ll join us in our brilliant London digital hub.
We have the tech and tools we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
We offer a competitive salary up to £64,656, a brilliant civil service pension of circa 27% and a leave package starting at 26 days.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, qualifications and accreditation, career progression opportunities and lots more.
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
If you have any questions before you apply get in touch with me @ Mimi.Enefiok@dwp.gov.uk