|Number of vacancies||3|
|Location||Leeds, London, Sheffield|
|Salary||up to £71,138|
|Work hours||37 hours per week|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
|Closing date||9 March 2020|
Cyber Security Platform Engineer: Up to £71,138 with 27% pension contributions, flexible working, work life balance and great benefits
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
This is a great time to join DWP Digital. We are transforming the way we deliver our services to our customers and transforming the way we design, build and test these services. We are committed to moving away from Waterfall Development to embracing Agile Principles and Agile Delivery Methodology working in collaborative and Autonomous Teams embracing iterative development and incremental delivery of customer centric products and services.
We’re looking for talented Platform Engineer (Cyber Security) to join our growing community of experts and become a key part of one of the biggest and highest-profile digital transformation programmes in the world. Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything we do – we create innovative digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users.
Here you will be responsible for delivering real value to both citizens and our brilliant frontline DWP colleagues. In the Security Data Engineering Team, we are responsible for the operation, development and integration of our Security data platform. This expert team builds, supports and implements the core security capabilities that underpin our data-driven security operations teams. We ensure that the department has timely access to detailed and accurate data and customised analysis we require to monitor, respond and adapt to the complex and evolving cyber security concerns of a large organisation.
Duties. Work. Projects.
- You will provide technical leadership to the wider security teams.
- You will be responsible for leading, managing and delivering all aspects of development activities.
- You will develop automated data ingest routines, complex workflows and mappings for structured and unstructured data, development of complex data products.
- You will ensure the stability, robustness and resilience of the products you build, and be in a position to affect changes to those products where necessary.
- Your expert knowledge of security data platform management, development and integration will underpin the security of DWP’s ongoing digital transformation and drive security capability development across government.
What skills and experience are we looking for?
- Expert level experience acting as a technical authority for the integration of new security capability to a growing platform.
- Significant experience in on boarding of new data feeds and integration with external tools.
- Expert level experience and successful track record of design, build and operations of data platforms and cyber security services and significant experience in design, construction and customization of reports, dashboards and queries in large scale organisations.
- Experience of improving teams developing cyber security capability in a complex, multi-disciplinary environment.
- Expert knowledge of Splunk and demonstrated experience in systems integration, app development, platform build and administration.
- Expert knowledge of security products and countermeasure techniques; including firewalls, Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), Advanced Persistent Threat detection, Incident Response tools, Vulnerability Scanning & Management, Secure Content Delivery Networks, PKI services, encryption and authentication techniques.
- Splunk Certifications, ISC/2, CISSP/CISM, CEH certification or equivalent experience / skills also desirable.
Where will you work?
You’ll join our brilliant team in your choice of our digital hubs London, Sheffield or Leeds. Find out more here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/At DWP Digital we believe in giving you a working experience that meets your needs and expectations and that means a focus on work-life balance, flexible hours, team-based working and the ability to work from multiple locations. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, disability, gender, race or sexuality.
Details. Wages. Perks.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £71,138, a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave allowance. We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working and family friendly policies.
- Volunteering and charitable giving.
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more.
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference.
- Sports and social activities.
- Learning and training opportunities, including coaching, mentoring, events, community meet ups and lots more.
- Clear career paths and opportunities to progress.
If you want to work in empowered, multi-disciplinary teams in an environment which values passion and creativity over hierarchy, we’d love to hear from you.
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs
If you would like to discuss this role and our offer contact me via email@example.com