|Number of vacancies||2|
|Location||Manchester or Newcastle|
|Salary||Up to £57,275|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 20%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more…
|Closing date||30 August 2019|
Are you a Senior Data Architect with expertise in Data Standards and Data Modelling? Do you want to be part of building a Data Service Platform of 200 terabytes +? Are you ready to be part of an epic digital transformation? Then look no further…
If you’re creative with a passion for learning new things, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring your ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for talented Senior Data Architects to join us and become a key part of one of the UK’s biggest and most high-profile digital transformation programmes, a once-in-a-generation tech-driven reform of government products and services.
You and your role
As a Senior Data Architect you are responsible for providing guidance and leadership on the development of data strategy, data-based products, data governance and quality assurance.
You will implement the strategy under the guidance of a Lead Architect, ensuring conformance with the DWP ICT strategy, ensuring longevity and maintainability of any solution.
You will work closely with technical architects and business stakeholders to implement technical solutions in the data domain based on user, technical and security requirements.
It is a really exciting time to join us. Shared Services is re-designing, building and delivering a new data services platform and Data Warehouse and also developing principles and policies of Data Governance utilising AWS and Azure and Cloud technologies.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an exemplary Senior Data Architect who has is an excellent communicator and influencer promotes a thriving collaborative environment.
- Ability to communicate complex technical and data issues with clarity
- Experience of building a network of strong interpersonal relationships to achieve shared objectives
- Ability to listen to the needs of stakeholders (both technical and business) and interpret between them
- Able to demonstrate a deep understanding of the technical and data concepts required in the role and how they fit into the wider technical landscape.
- Ability to work with and challenge senior stakeholders, can prioritise and mitigate constraints, adapting your approach accordingly.
Where will you work?
You’ll join our team in one of our hubs in Manchester or Newcastle. They’e both great sites wth brilliant facilties. Get in touch to find out more about brilliant stuff like our bike lock up and yoga session in Manchester or our gym and sports courts in Newcastle
We believe in giving you a working experience that meets your needs and expectations and that means a focus on work-life balance, flexible hours, team-based working and the ability to work from multiple locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, disability, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £57,275, a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, qualifications and accreditation, career progression opportunities and lots more.
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
If you have any questions of you want to discuss the role before you apply get in touch with me via firstname.lastname@example.org