|Number of vacancies||1|
|Location||Blackpool, Newcastle-upon-Tyne or Sheffield|
|Salary||£49,171 — Up to £62,692|
|Work hours||37 hours pw|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, generous annual leave, flexible working and lots more…
|Closing date||21 September 2020|
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
- Are you a Senior Data Architect with expertise as a technical lead?
- Have you delivered data strategy domain modelling and business process and embedded standards?
- Can you implement architecture patterns and GDPR data governance principles?
- Have you worked with Data Engineers to understand the impact of data feeds?
- And are you ready to be part of an epic digital transformation? Then look no further, we’d love to hear from you!
DWP is the UK’s largest government department. We deliver products and services that are used by millions of people in the UK, every day and at key moments in their lives.
This is an exciting and critical time to join DWP Digital. We are transforming the way DWP delivers services to meet the evolving needs of society and our workforce of 86,000 and our 22 million users.
Architecture and data analytics are vitally important to DWP, so this Senior Data Architect role sits right at the heart of our transformation. It’s a big role, a massive challenge and a huge opportunity. If that sounds as exciting to you as it does to us, click apply now or get in touch.
Data within Projects.
In DWP Digital Data Architects are responsible for providing guidance and leadership to DWP Digital project teams on the development of data strategy, data-based products, data governance and quality assurance.
You will take the lead in ensuring high quality of technical design, and adherence to enterprise architecture principles and roadmaps.
Working as part of multi-disciplinary Agile team, you’ll build relationships and work collaboratively with all kinds of digital experts – including Enterprise Architects, Domain Architects, Lead Solution Architects and engineering team – to create and implement value for money solutions that meet the needs of our users.
You’ll be accountable for the architecture of product solutions. You’re an expert voice on Data Architecture, so you’ll be able to create and communicate solution options and recommendations during discover and inception to help our teams reach the best decisions and designs. And we’ll rely on your knowledge and expertise to help us make the right decisions on DWP’s technologies and policies.
What skills, knowledge and experience are we looking for?
- Good working knowledge of databases and the difference between different technologies.
- Experience of delivering data governance principles and policies.
- Experience and a proven track record in managing data architecture projects.
- Expert understanding and experience of delivering under multiple methodologies (e.g. agile, waterfall, fail fast).
- Experience of leading and developing data architecture principles and policies for enterprises.
- Experience of Data Modelling, Data Governance and turning technical Problems into architecture designs.
Where you’ll work
You’ll join us in your choice of our brilliant digital hubs in either Blackpool, Newcastle or Sheffield. Find out more about our hubs here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
We’re the UK’s biggest government department with over 80,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, disability, gender, race or sexuality.
Details. Wages. Perks.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary for this role is up to £64,656 per annum dependent on level of skills and experience, a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth 27%+ and a generous leave package. We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application. If you want to talk about this opportunity before you apply contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org