|Number of vacancies||11|
|Location||Blackpool, Manchester & Newcastle, United Kingdon|
|Salary||up to £61,815|
|Incentive compensation||Pension plus bonus|
|Employment type||Full Time|
Our flexible benefits package includes employer pension contributions of up to 10%, a performance related annual bonus of up to 10%, and lots more
|Closing date||26 February 2019|
Want to be part of something really big?
If you’re creative and curious to learn, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for Senior Data Architects to work with us on one of the biggest transformation programmes in Europe, providing services that have far-reaching and pivotal roles in citizens’ lives.
In BPDTS Ltd you will be part of an organisation responsible for the delivery of digital platforms and services, real-time analytics and flexible infrastructure, providing secure and resilient services to DWP.
Joining an innovative, supportive, and fast growing community of skilled digital professionals you will work in agile and creative ways to improve public services, with the power to make a difference to the lives of 22 million UK citizens.
You and your role:
As a Senior Data Architect you will drive strategy and ensure conformance to governance. You will guide other technical staff and business stakeholders to implement solutions in the data domain based on user, technical and security requirements.
We want you to lead the design and development of complex data, BI, and analytics solutions. You will provide technical leadership of data warehouse/data lake/big data projects across the evolving Data & Analytics technical landscape.
Our Senior Data Architects are instrumental in creating innovative ideas, considering risks, opportunities and impacts arising from digital technologies.You will be empowered to shape and steer our projects to deliver against key data and analytical strategies.
What are we looking for?
• Knowledge of industry best practices for database development and administration coupled with experience of working in a large-scale data development or production environment.
• Expert level knowledge of relational and multi-dimensional database design (Kimball Dimensional Modelling), metadata management and an ability to reverse engineer models from data and a working knowledge of advanced level of SQL query construction.
• Proven analytical skills to properly evaluate and interpret cross-functional data standardisation requirements.
• Substantial experience as a user of data for one or more of the delivery of data marts, MI, statistics, or operational data matching.
• Knowledge of industry best practices for data warehouse requirements gathering coupled with demonstrable skill in establishing effective working relationships with key source system data owners using appropriate technical or non-technical language as appropriate.
• Experience of leading, up-skilling and motivating a team in the delivery of work to a mix of short and longer-term deadlines.
Where will you work?
BPDTS Ltd provides dedicated services to the Department for Work and Pensions. Our digital, data and technology specialists work closely with experts in DWP Digital’s community to make digital services quicker, simpler and more efficient for the millions of people that use them.
You’ll join us in one of our easy to reach digital hubs in Blackpool, Manchester or Newcastle. Each of our hubs has been designed for and by members of our digital community. We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multi-disciplinary teams think big and try new things.
Our facilities across these sites include restaurants, gym facilities, a 5-aside football pitch, coffee shops and snack bars and lots more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
What is our offer?
• We’ll reward you with a very competitive salary of up to £61,815.
• You will be eligible for a pension with employer contributions of up to 10%.
• We can offer you a performance-related annual bonus of up to 10%.
• We’ll help you balance your life and work.
• We’ll give you a generous leave allowance, with the option to buy and sell extra days.
We also offer much more as part of a flexible benefits package – including a cycle to work scheme and lots of family friendly perks – which can be tailored to your lifestyle.
Building our future.
We believe the work we do really matters, so we’re serious about investing in you.
You’ll have access to a huge suite of training and learning opportunities to complement the new skills you’ll acquire on the job. You’ll get the chance to share knowledge with colleagues from across our digital communities, and to grow your skills through our coaching and mentoring programmes.
Hit APPLY for more information and to continue your application on our careers page. There you will also find candidate pack with more information, which you can download by clicking the ‘Candidate Information Pack’ button.
You’ll need to register (you can use your LinkedIn profile) and then complete a short application form where you’ll upload a CV.
If you have any questions or you want to discuss this opportunity, please contact me via VANBURN.KIRWAN@DWP.GSI.GOV.UK