|Salary||Up to £58,135|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
|Closing date||15 December 2019|
Digital Workplace Project. Digital with Purpose. DWP.
We’re looking for talented Senior Agile Delivery Manager to join DWP’s Digital Workplace project and become a key part of one of the UK’s biggest and most high-profile digital transformation programmes. If you love solving problems and want to use your skills on projects with real impact, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re delivering a once-in-a-generation reform of products and services – in this case print and notification solutions – that will put world class technology solutions into the hands of the people that need them most, whether that’s the millions that use DWP services or our brilliant frontline colleagues.
What is Digital Workplace?
It’s big. Over the last two years diverse DWP Digital teams have established Digital Workplace, an agile and multi-disciplinary service that supports over 84,000 employees, using more than 150 distributed cloud applications, operating out of more than 800 UK sites, and powering digital products and services used by more than 20 million people across the UK.
It’s evolving. So far we’ve moved all of our systems to hybrid hosting, removing the constraints of previous outsourced IT contracts, modernising our legacy infrastructure and stabilising performance.
It’s enabling our people through tech. We’re improving communication and collaboration with a mix of new hardware including mini-PCs, Surface Pro laptops and a growing mobile phone network. By upgrading our software with the latest versions of Office 365, Skype for Business and our rebooted staff intranet we’re making sure our people always have the right tools and the latest professional digital skills.
You and your role
In this Senior Agile Delivery Manager you’ll work on a project to modernise print solutions for all of our print estate strategy. Transforming and maintaining legacy systems and transitioning solutions for customers and colleagues, this is a huge and vital modernisation project with real impact on the long range future of DWP. Experience of VMEr and middleware is helpful.
You will have the ability to adapt and reflect, also able to recognise when something does not work and encourage a mind-set of experimentation. There is real opportunity here to exploit new and emerging tech as we move forward. We’re looking for someone with an ability to deliver now and keep an eye on the future.
You will provide agile leadership to a multi-disciplinary agile team and you’ll help embed agile principles and practices across the wider organisation and build and nurture the relationships with senior stakeholders.
What are we looking for?
You will have a strong agile background with experience of leading a delivery team through multiple phases (discovery, alpha etc) and knowledge and experience of Agile/Leans tools and methodologies. You’ll have the skills to:
- Own and build relationships with the technical teams, Product Owners, senior stakeholders, management and third parties
- Manage complex team dynamics between external and internal stakeholder groups
- Work with technology and business teams so that new products & services are delivered effectively
- Support Product Owners to define and build the digital delivery roadmap and translate into an achievable backlog
- Manage risks, issues and dependencies and help resolve escalations from junior colleagues
- Drive the pace of delivery across projects and programmes, removing key blockers
- Recognise when to move from one stage of the product lifecycle to another, ensuring the team is working towards the service standards
- Communicate with impact across a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
Where You’ll Work
You’ll join our team in Manchester where you’ll enjoy great facilities and active local community. Find out more here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
In Digital Workplace we believe in giving you a working experience that meets your needs and expectations and that means a focus on work-life balance, flexible hours, team-based working and the ability to work from multiple locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, disability, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £58,135, a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, and a generous leave package.We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, holidays, insurance, healthcare, events, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, progression opportunities and guaranteed 5-days formal learning per year.
- And lots more
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs