|Number of vacancies||3|
|Location||Manchester and Newcastle|
|Salary||Up to £71,561|
Our flexible benefits package includes employer pension contributions of up to 10%, a performance related annual bonus of up to 10%, and lots more.
|Closing date||3 September 2019|
Want to be part of something really big? If you’re creative and curious to learn, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for Senior DevOps Engineers to work with us on one of the largest transformation programmes in Europe, providing digital services that have far-reaching and pivotal roles in citizens’ lives.
We know that better digital services in government will mean better public services, with the power to make a difference to lives of 22 million UK citizens. In BPDTS Ltd our fast growing team of digital experts is driving that change.
Here you’ll join a thriving DevOps community working at the cutting edge of service delivery using the latest and greatest tech and tooling. Our DevOps approach is pivotal in making service delivery a reality, putting new services into the hands of UK citizens including some of the most vulnerable in our society.
You and your role
We’re looking for exceptional Senior DevOps Engineers who have proven experience in the development, deployment and support of digital services built on a track record of stability, availability and quality.
This is a real opportunity to create and drive digital services and solutions which will truly enhance our public services.
Our Senior DevOps Engineers are embedded in a range of multi-functional agile delivery teams, guiding them to build and deploy, using industry best practices, the platform and products that make up our citizen services.
You’ll champion technical evolution and cultural change within the organisation and in our community. You’ll help our teams to find, test, agree and adopt emerging technologies while maintaining a pragmatic focus on delivering user needs efficiently.
As well as being “hands-on”, as a Senior Engineer you will provide delivery focus and technical oversight to our delivery teams, as well as providing guidance and mentoring to our wider community of DevOps Engineers. You will take responsibility for identifying problems and defining solutions using your fully loaded toolbox of techniques.
What are we looking for?
- Extensive experience of using, operating, patching and securing Linux operating systems like RHEL.
- Extensive experience of configuration management software like Puppet or Ansible and scripting languages like BASH, Perl or Python.
- Extensive experience of deploying, supporting and patching public, cloud-based applications that are repeatable, scalable, resilient and highly available (including APIs and microservices).
- Extensive experience of modifying and maintaining systems and code developed by other engineers.
- Experience of leading DevOps Engineers in a complex, multi-disciplinary environment, delivering products within specific time-scales and engaging with multiple senior stakeholders.
Where will you work?
BPDTS Ltd provides dedicated services to the Department for Work and Pensions. Our digital, data and technology specialists work closely with experts in DWP Digital’s community to make digital services quicker, simpler and more efficient for the millions of people that use them.
You’ll join us in one of our brilliant digital hubs in either Manchester or Newcastle where we provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multi-disciplinary teams think big and try new things.
In Manchester we have the best of the city on our doorstep, with loads of great places nearby to meet, eat or to soak up a bit of culture. We have brilliant views over St Peter’s Square, looking out over Central Library and the Town Hall. We’re really handy for the train and the tram, and we have a basement level lock up (with showers) for your bike.
In Newcastle we’re just a short hop from Longbenton Metro. A real tech hub for the North East, we host meet ups and events and use our space to collaborate across the public sector and beyond. You’ll enjoy great facilities including a gym, indoor sports courts, great restaurants, coffee shops and snack bars and lots more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, disability, gender, race or sexuality.
What is our offer?
- We’ll reward you with a very competitive salary of up to £71,561
- You will be eligible for a pension with employer contributions of up to 10%
- We can offer you a performance related annual bonus of up to 10%
- We’ll help you balance your life and work
- Training, development and progression opportunities for all
- We’ll give you a generous leave allowance, with the option to buy and sell extra days
We also offer much more as part of a flexible benefits package – including lots of family friendly perks – which can be tailored to your lifestyle.
Click Apply for more information and to start an application. Get in touch with me via email@example.com for a chat about this job.