|Number of vacancies||4|
|Location||Blackpool, Manchester, Newcastle|
|Salary||£47,971 — Up to £58,135|
|Work hours||37 (flexible working)|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
|Closing date||16 April 2020|
Senior DevOps Engineer – Hybrid Cloud Services: Up to £58,135 with 27% pension contributions, flexible working, work life balance and great benefits
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
This is a great time to join DWP Digital. We are transforming the way we deliver our services to our customers and transforming the way we design, build and test these services. We are committed to moving away from waterfall development to embracing Agile principles and Agile delivery methodologies. We work in collaborative and autonomous teams which embrace iterative development and incremental delivery of customer-centric products and services.
We’re looking for talented Senior DevOps Engineers to join our growing community of experts and become a key part of one of the biggest and highest-profile digital transformation programmes in the world. Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything we do – we create innovative digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users.
Within DWP Digital, Hybrid Cloud Services is responsible for the hosting environments used by the Department. Our hybrid cloud hosting solution makes use of both traditional data centres and cloud hosting solutions to provide a blended capability to get the best out of each.
We design, build and run community, public and private cloud hosting. We help our product and service owners to transition to cloud.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer we want you to own the overall DevOps process along with setting the strategies for products and the wider community. You’ll work with senior experts from our Architecture and Engineering communities to help ensure our systems, used by millions of people in the UK, are fit for purpose.
Duties. Work. Projects.
- You will lead a DevOps Engineering team providing support, technical leadership and guidance, creating a DevOps culture and implementing automation best practices.
- You’ll coach, mentor and support your team while taking responsibility for their decision-making and their professional development.
- You will design and manage the tactics for building reusable libraries, templates and services and own the development of medium-long term strategies for product lines within your Functional and Professional Communities.
- You will be responsible for large blocks of work, employees in varied disciplines and with a wide span of leadership, breaking down user stories into tasks.
- You will lead the sharing of knowledge, documentation and good practice with the wider Engineering community.
What skills and experience are we looking for?
- Expert level experience of Linux Operating Systems.
- Significant experience of Scripting systems using Terraform.
- Significant experience of Version Controls systems (Git and GitLab CI).
- Significant experience of working in an agile environment building, deploying, supporting, patching and operating cloud applications (in particular AWS and Azure).
- Significant experience of containers and containerised workloads e.g. orchestration services such as Kubernetes and ISTIO.
- Significant experience of Configuration management using Ansible and Ansible Tower.
Where will you work?
You’ll join our brilliant team in your choice of our digital hubs Blackpool, Manchester, Newcastle.
Find out more about our hubs here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
At DWP Digital we believe in giving you a working experience that meets your needs and expectations and that means a focus on work-life balance, flexible hours, team-based working and the ability to work from multiple locations. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, disability, gender, race or sexuality.
Details. Wages. Perks.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £58,135, a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave allowance. We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and training opportunities, including coaching, mentoring, events, community meet ups and lots more
- Clear career paths and opportunities to progress
If you want to work in empowered, multi-disciplinary teams in an environment which values passion and creativity over hierarchy, we’d love to hear from you.
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs
If you would like to discuss this role and our offer contact me via email@example.com