Newcastle upon Tyne
Number of vacancies
Newcastle upon Tyne
£49,171 — £59,589
Civil service pension with contributions over 27%, generous annual leave allowance starting at 25 days, flexible working hours and lots more.
25 January 2021
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP is the UK’s largest government department. We deliver products, service and support and £billions of payments to over 20 million people.
In DWP we’re using the latest tech, tooling and thinking to change the way we work, how people interact with us, and to make these services more efficient, reliable and easier for everyone to use.
An opportunity for a Senior Digital Performance Analyst has arisen to join our team. You’ll work alongside digital teams who build services for the millions of people of who access DWP products and support, as well as systems used by 100,000+ colleagues and agents.
You’ll help DWP understand the needs of the service users and figure out how we’ll measure if we’re meeting those needs.
You will ensure DWP understands how users interact with our digital services and undertake analysis that will drive customer-centric innovations and investments to really improve the user experience.
Duties. Work. Projects.
We care about capability and skills more than job titles. As our Senior Digital Performance Analyst you essentially operate like a Conversion Rate Specialist, Web Analyst, Digital Analyst, or Conversion Analyst.
You might have worked in one of those jobs before, but basically you have the skills to conduct analysis by developing and working with performance measurement frameworks, KPIs, goals, user needs, and benefits.
You will excel in all digital analytics platforms including Google Analytics, Google Optimize and Google Tag Manager and ideally you will bring some experience of UX, coding and AB testing.
This is not just web analytics. As a Senior digital performance analyst you will work closely with digital teams that build services for our citizens. You’ll develop measures from a variety of data sources that help our teams to add value.
Initially you’ll work with a Data-focused team that is being created in our Retirement and Bereavement function. Together you’ll look at the services we provide, build a performance framework, iterate and help drive the team forward using your data.
You’ll understand statistical decision making, and search functionality. And you’re an advocate for the power of data and performance analysis.
You’ll encourage our digital teams to always design and build with measurement and the value to the citizen in mind. You’ll be leading all conversion rate analysis, website performance analysis and strategic direction around enhancing website traffic and effective conversion to service adoption.
What skills and experience do you need to demonstrate in your application?
- Performance Measurement: You take a leading role in the development of the performance metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) for the service and build dashboards and provide in depth reports to communicate key metrics
- User Centred Analysis: You can define tagging, create and validate digital analytics tags and set up customer dimensions and metrics where required
- Working Together: You work with your service area lead to make sure their services meets the performance requirements in relation to analytics set out in the Digital by Default
- Changing and Improving: You deliver high-quality analysis that provides meaningful and actionable insights to improve the service, proactively offering suggestions of ways to improve the service.
Details. Wages. Perks.
You’ll join our team with a base office at one of our Newcastle-upon-Tyne Digital Hub. Click the link to find out more on our Digital hubs. : https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
We also all have the tech and tools we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
We offer a competitive salary up to £59,589 and a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, qualifications and accreditation, career progression opportunities and lots more.
- We’ve just been shortlisted for a Best Place to Work in Digital Award: https://bit.ly/3lL7DJR
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
We value capability over experience, and we’ll ask you to demonstrate the depth and breadth of your skills/knowledge in your application. Show us what you can do.
If you have any questions or you want more tips for success, reach out to me before you apply via Mimi.Enefiok@dwp.gov.uk
Check out some tips for getting hired here at DWP Digital via here and also this link