|Location||Blackpool, Manchester or Newcastle|
|Salary||Up to £57,275|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 22%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
|Closing date||24 March 2019|
If you’re creative and curious to learn, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for hardworking, experienced Portfolio Managers to join our growing community of experts and become a key part of one of the biggest and highest-profile digital transformation programs in the world.
As a key part of our Portfolio Management community with responsibility for 500+ projects and a £billion budget you’ll have the opportunity to use your skills to help deliver a once in a generation digital transformation that will touch the lives of up to 22 million real people, including some of the most vulnerable in the country.
This is a big, challenging role but it’s also a huge opportunity to work on something uniquely impactful, and of a scope and scale like little else out there.
You and your role
With responsibility for keeping your portfolio healthy, you will be responsible for tracking, analysing, reporting and assuring delivery of all portfolio outcomes. You’ll support delivery teams by unblocking issues so we get where we’re going faster and by ensuring we use the right controls and risk mitigation procedures.
You might have been working as a Portfolio Manager or Programme Manager, as an experienced Project Manager operating at a senior level, or as a very experienced PMO looking for a new way to use your skills. You’ll need to understand risk management and project prioritisation, resource and demand planning and you’re great at partner management.
You will make and influence decisions at the highest level and with significant impact. You’ll ensure successful delivery of key projects, value for money, and efficiency.
You’ll read and understand a complex portfolio of projects, prioritising and making recommendations that empower decisions that will define DWP products and service and the customer experience.
We are doing things we have never done before as an organisation, changing and developing culture and practice. The Portfolio Manager role is right at the heart of this so you’ll have a real opportunity to define your role and how the PM practice works in future.
What are we looking for?
- You’ll have experience of leading portfolios, covering multiple projects or programmes across a broad delivery portfolio.
- You will have worked in a project management role covering the full project lifecycle (either Waterfall or Agile delivery method).
- You can manage senior stakeholders, at senior levels of government, including presenting and reporting at senior level.
- You have experience of analysing multiple information sources, producing reports appropriate for senior audiences, including making recommendations for changes.
- You can lead appropriate governance procedures.
- You have experience of benefit realisation and quality management, with experience of reviewing factors which impacted final outcomes.
- You are able to identify and respond to issues, using the appropriate methods to unblock and resolve.
- You have experience of managing risks at board level.
Candidates must have one of the following:
- ITIL v3 Foundation
- Management of Portfolios (Foundation & Practitioner)
Where You’ll Work
You’ll join us in your choice of our easy-to-reach digital hubs in either Blackpool, Manchester or Newcastle.
Each of our hubs is a modern, vibrant workplace that was designed for and by members of our digital community. We have great facilities across our sites from cafes, coffee shops and restaurants, to yoga, gym facilities and loads more.
We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things. You will work alongside people who care passionately about public service, making a difference and delivering for our customers.
We’re the UK’s biggest government department with over 80,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer a competitive salary of up to £57,275, a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Guaranteed learning and development, coaching and mentoring.
- And lots more
Click Apply now for more information and to complete an application via our online portal. Or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a chat.