|Number of vacancies||7|
|Location||Blackpool,Newcastle-upon-Tyne or Sheffield|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 20%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
|Closing date||17 July 2019|
Do you want to be part of something really big? If you’re creative and curious to learn, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
DWP are looking for Senior Digital Project Managers to work with us on in a once-in-a-generation digital transformation. Our people work on projects that are revolutionising products and services that are used by millions of people every day.
We know that better digital services in government will mean better public services. Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything we do – we create innovative digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users.
You and your role
Digital Project Managers lead teams to ensure projects are completed to satisfy timescale, budget, and user requirements. They monitor the progress of the project throughout and identify risks in order to proactively manage them and minimise disruption.
We’re looking for a Project manager who can hit the ground running in the digital space. You would be delivering digital products and running end to end project management. We expect our new senior digital project manager to be able to implement the project management mandate and lead in all aspects of the project through to delivery.
Our Senior Digital Project Manager will manage the end-to-end delivery of projects which have a significant business impact, occasionally managing multiple projects at once. You will support the design and set up of projects, ensuring that the projects have the right internal and supplier team mix to help them deliver on time and within budget and scope. You will set the pace of delivery on their projects and ensure that their team is integrated and aligned around shared objectives.
These vacancies span across two digital functions and different projects, so lots of scope to get involved in something that excites you.
There are 6 vacancies in Digital Delivery for Shared Platforms, comprising of: 2 vacancies in the Integrated File Transfer area, extending an existing File Transfer product to new clients and purposes, and 3 vacancies related to development in the area of the Customer Information System. There is also 1 vacancy in the Payment Services team.
The Data and Analytics team are advertising 1 vacancy. In Data and Analytics, we are embarking on a 5-year journey to develop and remediate existing data warehouses. Our project managers are crucial in ensuring that we deliver these projects against agreed timescales so that we can achieve these goals. We are looking for project managers who feel comfortable challenging stakeholders to ensure the delivery of projects. It is an exciting time to join Data and Analytics where the wide variety of projects means that our project managers can get involved with projects that span across DWP and gives an opportunity to learn more about the new software that is in the market.
What are we looking for?
- Experience of end-to-end project management of one or more projects of significant impact and/or complexity
- Full understanding of a range of project management techniques, such as: business cases, risk, issues and planning
- Demonstrable experience of building and leading teams to achieve superior results
- Demonstrable experience of influencing, engaging and advising stakeholders at both working and senior levels
- Manage the tracking and reporting progress against risks, issues, plan, scope, people management, stakeholder management and governance.
- Look to work with technical stakeholders to resolve risks and issues
- Work with leadership team and technical teams to help identify and resolve conflict and encourage open communication and collaboration within the team
- Lead the establishment of the right working environment and tools to enable the project team to succeed
- Take responsibility for their own and the wider team’s learning and development
- Work with third party suppliers to identify and resolve any issues or actions
Where You’ll Work
You’ll join us in one of our easy-to-reach digital hubs in either Blackpool, Newcastle or Sheffield.
Each of our nationwide hubs has been designed for and by members of our digital community. We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multi-disciplinary teams think big and try new things.
In Blackpool you’ll enjoy great facilities including a gym, coffee shops, snack bars and a restaurant. We have lots of parking, and we share our site with wonderful wildlife including rabbits, birds, koi carp, and recently a family of otters. It’s a great place to work.
In Newcastle we’re really close to Longbenton Metro station. It’s a great site with loads of cool facilities, like our gym, our indoor sports court, our great restaurants, cafes and snack bars and loads more. It’s a really collaborative, friendly place where we host regular events and meet ups.
In Sheffield, Our modern hub offers an informal and collaborative working environment with WiFi and a TechBar and the friendliest security team round. Our facilities include a coffee & vending machines, cycle shelter and on site showers.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £59,831 a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions in excess of 20%, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and development opportunities, including coaching, mentoring, qualifications and certifications
- Access to events, meet-ups and other great networking opportunities
- Defined career progression pathways
- And lots more…
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application. If you want to talk about this opportunity before you apply contact me via email@example.com