|Number of vacancies||1|
|Location||Manchester, Blackpool, Leeds or Sheffield.|
|Work hours||37 hours per week|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, generous annual leave, flexible working and lots more…
|Closing date||3 August 2020|
• Are you a Senior Technical Architect with expertise in large scale organisations delivering solutions data architecture?
• Can you set up architecture patterns and governance principles?
• And are you ready to be part of an epic digital transformation?
Then look no further, we’d love to hear from you!
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP is the UK’s largest government department. We deliver products and services that are used by millions of people in the UK, every day and at key moments in their lives.
This is an exciting and critical time to join DWP Digital. We are transforming the way DWP delivers services to meet the evolving needs of society and our workforce of 86,000 and our 22 million users.
The Senior Domain Architect role sits right at the heart of that transformation. You will join a network of digital, data and technology leaders that has developed into an essential forum for co-ordinating and driving transformation across government
It’s a big role, a massive challenge and a huge opportunity. If that sounds as exciting to you as it does to us, get in touch.
Delivery. Work. Projects.
As the Senior Domain Architect for Data in DWP Digital, you will be responsible for leading, managing and delivering Data domain architecture activities which meet our users’ needs.
You will develop strategies, blueprints, reference architectures and design patterns for data. You will share your Data domain knowledge and experience to drive IT strategy, including definition of the tools and techniques most appropriate for the environment.
This role is not a Solutions Architect but a domain architect for data, you will be part of a small core team of Domain Architects helping to describe, and ensure conformance of DWP Digital solutions (products and services) to agreed architecture policies, principles and patterns.
There is huge scale, challenge and diversity in this role, working as part of an enterprise data model that supports all our systems. You’ll influence across a number of projects and work with stakeholders of different levels and backgrounds
In this role you will:
• Deliver and promote architecture patterns and solutions for the data domain
• Govern solution designs, approving architecture decisions and technology choices.
• Support the delivery of a data technology roadmap
• Understand industry trends, and research, in the data domain
• Support Solution Architects within Delivery project teams on data design elements of solutions
• Work with Product Owners, Enterprise Architects, and Data Architects to support definition of strategic IT data architecture
What skills and experience are we looking for?
• Data strategies, blueprints, reference architectures and design patterns.
• Conceptual, logical and physical data modelling and design.
• Database design / modelling, technologies, design patterns, tools and best practice (including RDBMS, NoSQL and Open Source).
• Analytics and Big Data design / modelling, technologies, design patterns, tools and best practice.
• Public cloud technologies, cloud hosting, container, and networking design patterns, tools and best practice (e.g. Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform).
• Strategic direction and transformation roadmap planning.
Where You’ll Work
You’ll join us in your choice of our brilliant digital hubs in, Blackpool, Manchester, Leeds or Sheffield. Find out more about our hubs here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/We’re the UK’s biggest government department with over 80,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, disability, gender, race or sexuality.
Details. Wages. Perks.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary for this role is up to £61,000 per annum dependent on level of skills and experience, a brilliant civil service pension of 27% + and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
• Flexible working
• Family friendly policies
• Volunteering and charitable giving
• Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
• Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
• Sports and social activities
• Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application. If you want to talk about this opportunity before you apply contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org