|Number of vacancies||1|
|Salary||Up to £58,135|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 20%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
|Closing date||12 July 2020|
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
We are looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to work with our Technology Services team as part of a once-in-a-generation digital transformation of government products and services. You’ll be an talented engineer with enterprise-level experience across Authentication (SSO, MFA, Digital Certificate Services), Authorisation (Desktop, Application) and Administration (Audit, Privileged Access Management).
Technology Services provide the foundations upon which digital services for DWP are developed and operate. Our purpose is to deliver secure, effective and cost-efficient digital infrastructure services and to run live IT operations in support of DWP business objectives. We do this by putting users and quality of service at the heart of what we do.
Duties. Work. Project.
• Act as an escalation point and Subject Matter Expert to provide Design, Support, advice and guidance for issues relating to all Identity technologies, including Active Directory, ADFS, DNS, DHCP, PKI, Azure AD, and MIM.
• Produce detailed and accurate High Level Designs, Low Level Designs, Installation Guides and Design documents.
• Represent the Identity team on the Change Advisory Board, Design Advisory, Technical Review Board and other meeting
• Lead, develop and manage other engineers in the team, ensuring priority commitments are delivered with no impact to Live Services.
What are we looking for?
You must have a detailed understanding of the Active Directory Environment and associated Identity services used in a large enterprise to manage security and access controls.
You will have experience of esigning, implementing and supporting a broad range of systems and services, specifically using:
• Active Directory & AD Integration (Unix, Kerberos etc).
• Creation of advanced managed policies, deep understanding of IAM Users/Groups/Roles & Services.
• SQL and Powershell scripting.
• PKI (Certificate Services).
• ADFS – creation and updating of RPTs.
Where You’ll Work
You’ll join us in our brilliant digital hub in Manchester.
Find out more about our hubs here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/manchester
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
Responsible for welfare, pensions and child maintenance policy, DWP transacts around £170 billion in payments each year, operates out of more than 800 locations and has over 84,000 employees. We run one of the most complex IT estates in Western Europe.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, disability, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £58,135, a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
• Flexible working & family friendly policies
• Volunteering and charitable giving
• Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
• Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
• Sports and social activities
• Learning and training opportunities, including coaching, mentoring, events, community meet ups and lots more
• Clear career paths and opportunities to progress
HOW TO APPLY: For further information and to start an application click apply now. If you would like to discuss this role and our offer contact me via email@example.com