Number of vacancies
Blackpool, Manchester or Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Up to £62,138
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 20%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
11 May 2021
DWP. Digital with Purpose
DWP is the UK’s largest government department. We deliver products and services that are used by millions of people in the UK, every day and at key moments in their lives.
We are looking for a someone with Engineering and Data Analytics experience to work with us on a once-in-a-generation digital transformation of these services.
DWP Digital is the name of our growing community of digital experts. Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything we do – we create innovative, scalable digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users and to our amazing DWP colleagues.
Data. Work. Projects.
You will join the DWP Digital Enterprise Tooling Team. We’re responsible for managing and maintaining a range of enterprise strength toolsets that manage and monitor the Department’s IT Systems Management capabilities.
Data-driven decision-making is at the heart of what our organisation does, to support this, production of best in class MI, the building of data models and transformation of complex data sets will be your daily focus.
You will enjoy working with a variety of data, solving problems and showcasing the power of data to the wider organisation.
We’re looking for someone who can work with teams who utilise our toolsets, collaborating with them to create value from data, using the capability of our data platforms. You will help solve complex problems, creating bespoke reporting and visualizations, tailored for the intended audience.
This work will be primarily focused on our Data Analytics Platform workstream, utilising the Splunk Enterprise product.
What skills, knowledge and experience will you need?
• Demonstrate significant experience and successful track record of working with a Data Analytics platforms;
• Demonstrate significant experience of design and consultancy of enterprise tooling, including elements specifically related to data management and analysis
• Demonstrate significant experience and successful track record of engineering and operation of Enterprise data platforms, using appropriate methods and techniques
• Demonstrate significant experience of design and engineering including the application of industry recognised security techniques to handle sensitive data;
• Demonstrate significant experience of effectively communicating at different levels, across support and engineering, business users, architecture and suppliers;
• Demonstrate significant experience of delivering solutions within an agile framework.
Knowledge and/or Experience of software supporting the listed technologies is desirable, however is not essential.
• Splunk Enterprise
• Splunk IT Service Intelligence
Details. Workplace. Pay.
You’ll join us in one of our brilliant digital hub in your choice of Blackpool, Manchester or Newcastle-upon-Tyne
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £62,138 a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
• Flexible working
• Family friendly policies
• Volunteering and charitable giving
• Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
• Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
• Sports and social activities
• Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application. If you want to talk about this opportunity before you apply contact me via email@example.com