|Location||Blackpool or Manchester|
|Salary||Up to £72,312|
Our flexible benefits package includes employer pension contributions of up to 10%, a performance related annual bonus of up to 10%, and lots more.
|Closing date||19 July 2019|
Want to be part of something really big? If you’re creative and curious to learn, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for a Senior Hosting Engineer to join the team responsible for designing and implementing leading edge solutions in one of the UK’s largest multi-site environments. We are looking for someone with the right attitude and aptitude, to join our BPDTS Ltd community, working to support over 90,000 people in the UK’s largest government department.
You will work with us on one of the largest transformation programmes in Europe, providing services that have far-reaching and pivotal roles in citizens’ lives. We know that better digital services in government will mean better public services, with the power to make a difference to lives of 22 million UK citizens. Our fast-growing digital community is driving that change.
You and your role
You will be part of an energetic team looking for people with broad ranging skills and experience, who will be capable of working across Hybrid and On-Premise Hosting environments. Specifically, we are looking for people with experience working in enterprises of significant scale, across multiple different platforms and services.
You will be comfortable leading on the design, build and support of complex infrastructure services and be experienced in designing for, and transition to, support teams for ongoing management.
Our model of assignment means that over time and subject to business needs there will be opportunities to undertake varied roles across different delivery areas, where you will be fully supported in developing your skills.
What are we looking for?
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer you will have responsibility for delivering of platforms to support the Linux and Mid-Range services. The role will include expanding platforms as required for RTS requests and ensure processes are in place to ensure optimum use of platforms and capacity is managed effectively.
We are looking for people with strong technical capability, and the ability to understand the transforming digital landscape, and the breadth and depth of business demands.
- Linux & Mid-Range Platforms – Designing, implementing and supporting.
- Design and configuration of platforms including: RHEL – Red Hat Enterprise Linu and AIX
- You will have considerable expertise working in similar environments and be familiar with designing, building and supporting environments in an enterprise of significant scale.
- Experience of working with Oracle OVM
- Problem Solving
- Experience and technical capability across projects and service lifecycle e.g. application support and management, project management, solutions architecture and operations
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex problems across multiple technology domains with the ability to effectively communicate at different levels, across support and engineering, business users, architecture and 3rd party suppliers.
- Managing the implementation of complex technical solutions.
- Recognising and managing dependencies and risks, driving through to successful implementation.
- Working to tight timescales and challenging deadlines.
- Technical authoring of Knowledge Articles and operational working practices.
Where will you work?
BPDTS Ltd provides dedicated services to the Department for Work and Pensions. Our digital, data and technology specialists work closely with experts in DWP Digital’s community to make digital services quicker, simpler and more efficient for the millions of people that use them.
In Manchester, we’re right on St Peter’s Square in a brilliant new hub so really easy to access by tram, train or bus. And we have a basement level lock up (and showers) if you like to bike. There’s loads to do/eat nearby and great facilities onsite including yoga session and great coffee shop/snack bar.
In Blackpool you’ll enjoy great facilities including a gym, coffee shops, snack bars and a restaurant. We have lots of parking, and we share our site with wonderful wildlife including rabbits, birds, koi carp, and recently a family of otters. It’s a great place to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
What is our offer?
- We’ll reward you with a very competitive salary of up to £72,312
- You will be eligible for a pension with employer contributions of up to 10%
- We can offer you a performance related annual bonus of up to 10%
- We’ll help you balance your life and work
- We’ll give you a generous leave allowance, with the option to buy and sell extra days
We also offer much more as part of a flexible benefits package – including a cycle to work scheme and lots of family friendly perks – which can be tailored to your lifestyle.
Building our future
We believe the work we do really matters, so we’re serious about investing in you.
You’ll have access to a huge suite of training and learning opportunities to complement the new skills you’ll acquire on the job. You’ll get the chance to share knowledge with colleagues from across our digital communities, and to grow your skills through our coaching and mentoring programmes.
Hit APPLY for more information and to continue your application on our careers page. There you will also find candidate pack with more information, which you can download by clicking the ‘Candidate Information Pack’ button.
You’ll need to register (you can use your LinkedIn profile) and then complete a short application form where you’ll upload a CV.
For further info click apply or contact email@example.com