|Salary||£49,171 — Up to £62,712|
|Work hours||37 per week (flexible working)|
• Learning and development tailored to your role
|Closing date||26 October 2020|
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP is the UK’s largest government department. We deliver products and services that are used by millions of people in the UK, every day and at key moments in their lives.
We are looking for a talented Infrastructure Engineer with experience in mobile services to work with us on a once-in-a-generation digital transformation of these services.
DWP Digital is our growing community of digital experts. Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything we do – we create innovative, scalable digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users and to our amazing DWP colleagues.
Duties. Work. Projects
You’ll join our empowered multi-disciplinary engineering team as part of DWP’s Mobile Services product. Our team is responsible for the deployment, configuration and management of the mobile platform using the latest technologies and tooling.
We define and deliver a mobility strategy which looks at how the DWP can support an increasingly mobile workforce, improve user experience, and increase productivity across a variety of device platforms and sizes. Engineering provides a fundamental design and implementation function for us.
We are looking for a senior engineer with experience in the collaborative design of infrastructure services. You will deliver operational stability, robustness, resilience, availability and quality to critical DWP products and services, which could enable positive outcomes for millions of people across the UK.
You need experience of producing low-level designs and documentation for stuff like deployment of infrastructure, or changes to configuration, based on high-level designs
You’ll use your experience of engineering in EMM/MDM platforms to implement EMM solutions, with a particular focus on enhancing user experience and productivity using mobile devices
What will I do day-to-day?
- Design and implement infrastructure services/solutions to meet strategic plans and roadmaps.
- Provide specialist technical support and assistance to projects ensuring definition and delivery of requisite non-functional requirements.
- Responsible for operational management of technical services/solutions.
- Provide Level 3 support and act as technical escalation point for all service related incidents.
- Development and implementation of service improvement plans to address identified issues.
- Ownership of service/solution KPIs, ensuring performance against best practice.
What skills, knowledge and experience are we looking for?
- Experience in Enterprise Mobility Management preferably in Workspace One.
- Infrastructure Mobility Solutions – Design, build and operate e.g. AirWatch, iOS products.
- Experience of working with Windows Server.
- A good understanding of IPv4 networking with the ability to diagnose, define and implement DNS and routing changes effectively.
- Experience of providing technical leadership and direction.
- Experience of AWS cloud hosting.
Where You’ll Work
You’ll join us in our brilliant digital hub in Manchester. Right on St Peter’s Square we’re really easy to get to by bike, bus, train or tram.
Find out more about our hubs here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
Responsible for welfare, pensions and child maintenance policy, DWP transacts around £170 billion in payments each year, operates out of more than 800 locations and has over 84,000 employees. We run one of the most complex IT estates in Western Europe.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
Development. Wages. Perks.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £62,712 a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package. We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application on Civil Service Jobs.