|Number of vacancies||1|
|Salary||Up to £72,312|
|Incentive compensation||Pension + Bonus|
|Closing date||16 August 2019|
Do you want to be part of something really big?
We want you to join a multi-disciplinary engineering team as part of our Mobility product. Our team is responsible for the deployment, configuration and management of the mobile platform hosted in AWS as Infrastructure-as-a-Service using WorkspaceONE.
The overall product team, for which engineering provides a fundamental design and implementation function, is responsible for defining and delivering a mobility strategy looking at how the UK’s largest government department can support an increasingly mobile workforce, improving user experience, and increasing productivity across a variety of device platforms and sizes.
In BPDTS Ltd, we know that better digital services in government will mean better public services, with the power to make a difference to lives of 22 million UK citizens. Our fast growing digital community is driving that change.
We are looking for a senior engineer with experience in the design of Infrastructure services in collaboration with Architecture and Engineering principles. With a focus on operational stability, robustness, resilience, availability and quality this role will be accountable for infrastructure solutions.
You will have experience in producing low-level designs and documentation for deployment of infrastructure, or changes to configuration based on high-level designs working in and engineering in EMM/MDM platforms
What are we looking for?
• Experience in EMM/MDM (either AirWatch, Jamf or InTune)
• Experience of Mobile Platform functionality (iOS and Android)
• Experience of working with Windows Server
• A good understanding of IPv4 networking with the ability to diagnose, define and implement DNS and routing changes effectively
Where will you work?
BPDTS Ltd provides dedicated services to the Department for Work and Pensions. Our digital, data and technology specialists work closely with experts in DWP Digital’s community to make digital services quicker, simpler and more efficient for the millions of people that use them.
You’ll join us in our brilliant digital hub in Manchester city centre. We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things.
We have the best of the city on our doorstep, with loads of great places nearby to meet, eat or to soak up a bit of culture.
We have brilliant views over St Peter’s Square, looking out over Central Library and the Town Hall. We’re also really handy for the train, bus and the tram, and we have a basement level lock up (with showers) for your bike.
What is our offer?
• We’ll reward you with a very competitive salary of up to £72,312
• You will be eligible for a pension with employer contributions of up to 10%
• We can offer you a performance related annual bonus of up to 10%
• We’ll help you balance your life and work
• We’ll give you a generous leave allowance, with the option to buy and sell extra days
• We’ll invest in your development with access to networking, coaching, mentoring, learning and accreditation, and career progression opportunities
We also offer much more as part of a flexible benefits package – including a cycle to work scheme and lots of family friendly perks – which can be tailored to your lifestyle.
Hit APPLY for more information and to continue your application on our careers page. There you will also find candidate pack with more information, which you can download by clicking the ‘candidate information pack’ button.
You’ll need to register (you can use your LinkedIn profile) and then complete a short application form where you’ll upload a CV.
Drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org