|Number of vacancies||1|
|Incentive compensation||+ Pension|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 20%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
|Closing date||28 January 2020|
If you’re creative and curious to learn, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for talented Senior Infrastructure Engineer with experience working with MS Exchange Online to join our growing community of experts and become a key part of one of the biggest and highest-profile digital transformation programmes in the world.
Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything we do – we create innovative digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users.
You and your role
This role is for an infrastructure engineer taking a lead role in the team designing, building and maintaining the DWPs Office 365 platform and related services.
In DWP the role of Infrastructure Engineer is to engineer support and maintenance of infrastructure solutions and services to improve system health and reliability. The work you do ensures our services are online and optimised for the people that need them most.
You’ll work as part of a brilliant infrastructure community, and as part of multi-disciplinary non-hierarchical teams to deliver projects and products that will transform the way we do business
What are we looking for?
• Experience of interaction with technical peers, stakeholders and end users.
• Experience of communicating complex solutions to both technical and non-technical people and taking steps to ensure content is suitable for the target audience.
• Experience of leading and supporting technical workshops and aiding the development of others.
• Experience in the following Microsoft Technologies:
• Office 365
• Exchange Online
• Exchange 2016
• Demonstrate the ability to create and develop PowerShell scripts.
Where You’ll Work
You’ll join us in our brilliant digital hub in Manchester. We’re right in the city centre on St Peter’s square so dead easy to get to by bus, bike, train or tram. Find out more here https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations
We’re the UK’s biggest government department with over 80,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £62,856, a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27% and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
• Flexible working
• Family friendly policies
• Volunteering and charitable giving
• Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
• Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
• Sports and social activities
• Learning and training opportunities, including coaching, mentoring, events, community meet ups and lots more
• Clear career paths and opportunities to progress
HOW TO APPLY: For further information and to start an application click apply now.
If you would like to discuss this role and our offer contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org