|Location||Blackpool, Manchester or Newcastle|
|Salary||Up to £63,661|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
|Closing date||24 February 2020|
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
We’re looking for talented Senior Infrastructure Engineer with a background in Security Tooling to join our growing community of experts and become a key part of one of the biggest and highest-profile digital transformation programmes in the world.
Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything we do – we create innovative digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users.
Delivery. Work. Projects.
About you and your role:
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer you are a skilled practitioner who can be a role model and expert voice for infrastructure solutions in DWP. You’ll be responsible for establishing and sharing best practice and guiding teams on the best ways deliver quality Infrastructure products.
This is a role with a particular emphasis on Security Tooling. That’s the background we’re looking for, and the work you can expect to be involved in.
You focus will be on ensuring operational stability, robustness, resilience, availability and quality for the largest and most complex government department in the UK. You’ll ensure that our users have access to the best possible products and services when they need them most.
What skills and experience are we looking for?
- A significant level of experience in the deployment and operational support of security tooling across a large enterprise.
- Significant experience in working with teams managing disparate technologies as part of an overall delivery.
- Experience of effectively communicating at different levels across a range of stakeholder, suppliers and vendors and senior leaders.
- An understanding of the security tooling product landscape and experience in identifying gaps in security capability across a large enterprise.
Where You’ll Work
You’ll join us in one of our easy-to-reach digital hubs in Newcastle, Blackpool or Manchester. Find out more about your preferred hub location here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
We’re the UK’s biggest government department with over 80,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
Development. Wages. Perks:
What’s our offer?
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £63,661, a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package. We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and training opportunities, including coaching, mentoring, events, community meet ups and lots more
- Clear career paths and opportunities to progress
HOW TO APPLY: For further information and to start an application click apply now. If you would like to discuss this role and our offer contact me via email@example.com