|Number of vacancies||8|
|Location||Manchester or Blackpool|
|Salary||Up to £62,856|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 20%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
|Closing date||8 December 2019|
If you’re creative and curious to learn, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for talented Senior Technology Asset Management specialists, to join our growing community of experts and become a key part of one of the biggest and highest-profile digital transformation programmes in the world.
Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything we do – we create innovative digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users, using leading edge technology products and assets alongside a range of legacy tools and systems.
You and your role
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer (Technology Asset Management), you will assist with the management, control and optimisation of IT assets that we use to support and maintain DWP’s infrastructures solutions and services. We’re a huge organisation, in the midst of a once in a generation digital transformation, so we have a huge portfolio of IT assets to manage, maintain and procure.
You will be a practitioner skilled in multiple disciplines, a role model in technology asset management with proven experience in the design, development and implementation of TAM services and management of TAM tools in support of infrastructure operations.
You will also manage a team of tech asset management specialists and engineers. You will be responsible for promoting best practices across DWP and making sure your teams deliver quality infrastructure and TAM services to our stakeholders.
What skills and experience are we looking for?
- You have lots of experience in Technology Asset Management, with a track record delivering at all stages of the asset lifecycle.
- You have significant experience of effectively communicating at different levels across a range of stakeholder, suppliers and vendors and senior leaders.
- You can lead and support the development of team members to help them successfully deliver high quality outcomes that meet customer needs and provide value for money.
- You have experience of suggesting and delivering innovative ideas for improvement and assessing customer satisfaction.
Where You’ll Work
You’ll join us in one of our easy-to-reach digital hubs Blackpool or Manchester. Find out more about your preferred location here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
Here we provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things. You will work alongside people who care passionately about public service, making a difference and delivering for our customers.
We’re the UK’s biggest government department with over 80,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £62,856, a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package. We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and training opportunities, including coaching, mentoring, events, community meet ups and lots more
- Clear career paths and opportunities to progress
HOW TO APPLY: For further information and to start an application click apply now. If you would like to discuss this role and our offer contact me via email@example.com