|Number of vacancies||1|
|Location||Blackpool, Manchester, Newcastle-upon-Tyne|
|Salary||Up to £62,856|
|Incentive compensation||+ Pension|
|Closing date||21 February 2020|
If you’re creative and curious to learn, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for talented Senior Infrastructure Engineer – Tooling Service Delivery Manager to join our growing community of experts and become a key part of one of the biggest and highest-profile digital transformation programmes in the world.
Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything we do – we create innovative digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users.
You and your role
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer (Tooling Service Delivery Manager) you will oversee the management, development and support of the Enterprise Tooling infrastructure products working with the relevant product owners and contribute towards their ongoing design and improvements.
You will be responsible for ensuring that the operational stability of the infrastructure solutions is maintained effectively, ensuring that further improvements are managed in line with DWP Agile ambitions within the ITIL framework.
You will collaborate with seniors and own the Infrastructure Development Lifecycle Process as part of a delivery team focused on the diverse product sets used within Enterprise Tooling.
What are we looking for?
• Demonstrate significant level of experience in product management, developing standard/repeatable services, with substantiation of successful track record.
• Demonstrate significant experience of effectively communicating at different levels, across support and engineering, business users, architecture and suppliers.
• Demonstrate significant experience of supporting and mentoring the development of team members to successfully deliver high quality outcomes that meet the customers’ needs and provides value for money.
• Demonstrate significant experience of delivering solutions within an agile framework.
• ITIL Qualification or equivalent experience across multiple ITIL process areas.
• Service Management Tooling
• Event Monitoring Tooling
• Application Performance Management Tooling
• Network Performance Management Tooling
• Software Asset Management Tooling
• Data Centre Infrastructure Management Tooling
Where You’ll Work
You’ll join us in one of our easy-to-reach digital hubs in Newcastle, Blackpool or Manchester.
Each of our hubs is a modern, vibrant workplace that was designed for and by members of our digital community.
Our central hubs have the best of the city on the doorstep, and we have a range of facilities across the sites from cafes, coffee shops and restaurants, to ping pong, a swimming pool, gym facilities and loads more. Get in touch to learn more about what we offer in your preferred location. [Pete may edit at QA depending on location]
Here we provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things.
You will work alongside people who care passionately about public service, making a difference and delivering for our customers.
We’re the UK’s biggest government department with over 80,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £62,856, a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
• Flexible working
• Family friendly policies
• Volunteering and charitable giving
• Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
• Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
• Sports and social activities
• Learning and training opportunities, including coaching, mentoring, events, community meet ups and lots more
• Clear career paths and opportunities to progress
HOW TO APPLY: For further information and to start an application click apply now. If you would like to discuss this role and our offer contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org