A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 20%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
|Closing date||19 February 2020|
Want to be part of something really big? If you’re creative and curious to learn, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for an Senior IT Operations Controller to work with us on one of the biggest transformation programmes in Europe, providing services that have far-reaching and pivotal roles in citizens’ lives.
DWP Digital offers uniquely challenging and fulfilling careers for people interested in using their skills to make a genuine difference to society. We’re part of the UK’s biggest government department, and along with 83,000 colleagues, we support 20 million people every day to help them to find work and save for their future. Few other organisations globally provide the same opportunity to apply next-generation digital technology on a massive scale to issues which touch the lives of so many
As a Senior Operations Controller, you will be responsible for the overall operational service delivered. The role will utilise your knowledge and experience from industry best practice, to deliver end to end system access provisioning and management based on controls such as Role Based Access Controls, Privileged Users Access, Certificate Management, PKI in order to ensure a safe, secure environment that meets the needs of users and stakeholders. You will manage and grow the team using your experience to deliver a robust IT operational monitoring service.
Key Responsibilities include:
• The role will act as the Privilege User Access Management (PUA) lead and will provide a necessary focal point and leadership to ensure safe and secure system and access controls.
• Experience working with systems access management and controls such as Role Based Access Controls, Privileged Users Access, Certificate Management and PKI controls.
• Execution of procedures to ensure access security, certificate management, risk management and compliance including investigation of major breaches of security and the development of information security policies and procedures.
• Monitor, supervise and control in real time designated Technology systems and networks.
• Manages Technology information security, ensuring Technology facilities and services are operational and available when required.
• Responsible for supporting improvements to operational efficiency.
Where will you work?
You’ll join us in our brilliant new digital hub in Manchester. We’re right on St Peter’s Square so dead handy for tram, trains and buses. And we have a basement level lock-up (with shower) if you like to cycle in. We’re right in the heart of the city so loads of great options if you want to eat, meet or shop at lunchtime.
We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things. You will work alongside people who care passionately about public service, making a difference and delivering for our customers.
We’re the UK’s biggest government department with over 80,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
What is our offer?
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £58,135 a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, holidays, insurance, healthcare, events, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, progression opportunities and guaranteed 5-days formal learning per year.
- And lots more
Building our future
We believe the work we do really matters, so we’re serious about investing in you.
You’ll have access to a huge suite of training and learning opportunities to complement the new skills you’ll acquire on the job. You’ll get the chance to share knowledge and with colleagues from across our digital communities, and to grow your skills through our coaching and mentoring programmes.
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
If you have any questions of you want to discuss the role before you apply get in touch with me via firstname.lastname@example.org