|Location||Blackpool, Manchester or Sheffield|
|Salary||£49,171 — Up to £59,589|
|Work hours||37 per week|
• Learning and development tailored to your role
|Closing date||29 November 2020|
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP are looking for a Product Manager to work with us on in a once-in-a-generation digital transformation programmes developing our Identity and Trust capability.
Using fresh ideas and leading-edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything we do – we create innovative digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users.
These are extraordinary times and we’ve never needed talented digital professionals like you more than we do now. You’ll work on projects, products and services that enable people to better access the support and services they need, when they need them most.
Delivery. Work. Product.
As a Senior Product Manager you’ll contribute to product leadership for DWP, the UK’s largest government department, and you’ll have real influence over major products that will be used by millions of people.
You’ll join our Identity and Trust Services team, bringing your expertise in digital product design and your ability to deliver at scale.
We are responsible for the department’s Identity strategy and associated digital services. We will provide industry leading approaches, focusing on reusable and shareable policies and technologies to enable user journeys that are both responsive and personalized. We’ll make it easier for people to prove who they are and access the support and services they need from DWP and across government.
As a Senior Product Manager yours is a critical role within the team. You’ll actively define the services we are producing; through agile methodologies, you’ll exploit our new and evolving digital products and services to meet policy intent, users’ needs and Government Digital Service Standards to deliver the best outcomes for DWP colleagues and customers.
What skills and experience will I use?
You are an expert product manager, comfortable operating in a complex environment, with the techniques and toolkit to:
- Exploit and enhance Identity and Trust services. We provide services that ensure the security of personal data and verification to offer true customer security
- Develop product strategy – manage the product roadmap and prioritise the product backlog to maximise value and ROI.
- Set the product vision – engage with teams and stakeholders, building relationships big enough to set and develop the product vision over time.
- Own and deliver the product – you will define the MVP and work with your team to agree what’s next for release, while defining delivery plans, acting as product champion and communicating progress to the wider business.
- Manage the product lifecycle – you maintain and iterate a product over time using metrics to make sure it continuously meets the goals you’ve set, meets the user needs and works effectively.
- Manage product backlogs – you will create the list of backlog items and prioritise them based on the overall strategy and business objectives.
- Be user focused – you’ll act as the voice of the business and the users, conducting user centred-analysis, and telling their story during development and iterations of the service.
- Be Agile – you’ll thrive in a fast paced, evolving environment and use iterative methods and a flexible approach to enable rapid delivery.
Where you’ll work
Your base will be in Sheffield. Find out more about the hub here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
We also all have the tech and tools we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
We’re the UK’s biggest government department with over 80,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
We’ve just been shortlisted for a Best Place to Work in Digital Award: https://bit.ly/3lL7DJR
Details. Wages. Perks.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £59,589, a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, qualifications and accreditation, career progression opportunities and lots more.
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
We value capability over experience, and we’ll ask you to demonstrate the depth and breadth of your skills/knowledge in your application. We want to see what have you delivered before when applying your analysis skills, what solutions have you shaped, your knowledge of providing solutions to business problems. Show us what you can do.
If you have any questions of you want to discuss the role before you apply get in touch with me via Mimi.Enefiok@dwp.gov.uk