|Number of vacancies||1|
|Location||Manchester or Blackpool|
|Salary||Up to £51,963|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 20%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more…
|Closing date||28 August 2019|
Check out the futuristic work the team are getting up to here.
We’re looking for talented Senior Product Owners to join DWP’s Digital Delivery for Shared Platforms (DDSP) project and become a key part of one of the UK’s biggest and most high-profile digital transformation programmes, a once-in-a-generation tech-driven reform of government products and services.
What is DDSP?
Digital Delivery for Shared Platforms evolves and transforms some of the most critical systems in DWP, unleashing the potential of Digital services to reduce overheads, cost and friction for citizen and agent-facing services.
Our Integration Technologies, Payment Services and Citizen Information teams work together to enable the successful delivery of services across DWP.
You’ll join our brilliant DDSP Payments Services team.
Payments are core to the services we provide; they are critical to helping people live better lives. We are the biggest payer in the UK serving some 22m people, who collectively receive a total of £170b annually, delivered on time and in the best form for them.
Tech innovation, open banking and changing customer needs mean payments are being transformed at pace in DWP and externally. We are thinking radically about how we deliver and evolve payment services and how ambitious we need to be to meet the future needs of the Department, our citizens, Government and industry. We need Payment Services need to be efficient, modern, fast, scalable, flexible and innovative, available 24/7. We need you to help us get there.
You and your role
As a Senior Product Owner, you will manage the development of highly visible and key strategic products – Payments for DWP Digital. You’ll provide strategic and tactical product leadership for product decisions, leveraging your knowledge of user needs and business goals to frame problems and set priorities for the delivery team and managing the product roadmap.
You’ll have extensive experience in the creation design or concept of a significant programme in an organisation or product of significant scale; be it a large application, system or service or even a significant change programme. Some banking and payments experience would also be really useful.
Here you’ll provide expertise and leadership working as part of a larger product team, managing more junior Product Owners. Or you may work with a Lead Product Owner to manage multiple products.
What are we looking for?
- You’re a strategy and product guru: you can create and communicate a product roadmap, receiving and acting upon challenge from stakeholders
- You simply deliver. You have successfully delivered one or more products meeting a number of successful outcomes
- You’re on top of industry trends: being an expert and experienced in significant technology based change programmes
- You can solve it like Sherlock: You can make effective decisions based on incomplete information using a range of techniques
- You’re an effective communicator: You take and act on challenge from stakeholders. You work across department or functional boundaries in order to effectively communicate a product vision and gain stakeholder buy in. You’ve also worked with users to articulate their needs and communicated these to a product team
Where will you work?
You’ll join us in one of our easy-to-reach digital hubs in Blackpool or Manchester where we provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multi-disciplinary teams think big and try new things.
In Blackpool, we’re accessible from across the North West. Our building sits in some beautiful natural grounds, which we share with wild rabbits, birds, fish and a family of otters. We have great facilities including a gym and a restaurant.
In Manchester we have the best of the city on our doorstep, with loads of great places nearby to meet, eat or to soak up a bit of culture. We have brilliant views over St Peter’s Square, looking out over Central Library and the Town Hall. We’re really handy for the train, bus or the tram, and we have a basement level lock up (with showers) for your bike.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, disability, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £51,963, a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, qualifications and accreditation, career progression opportunities and lots more.
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
If you have any questions of you want to discuss the role before you apply get in touch with me via Mimi.Enefiok@dwp.gov.uk