|Number of vacancies||1|
|Salary||£47,971 - £58,135|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
|Closing date||2 March 2020|
Are you a Security Risk Manager looking for a new challenge?
Do you want a rewarding role where you will safeguard a system which protects the most vulnerable in society and which touches the lives of millions of people across the UK every day?
As a Senior Security risk manager you will be responsible for security risk management for the delivery of a programme of work to stabilise and enhance DWP HR, Finance & Accounting Systems and Services. This includes Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solutions, currently Oracle E-Business Suite and a range of bespoke HR & Finance Systems and services and you will work closely with Finance & HR Professionals from DWP Corporate areas.
As a Security professional you’ll help drive a culture of good risk management and facilitate the governance of enterprise Security/Fraud Risks within all stages of the Security/Fraud Risk management lifecycle.
You and your role
You’ll join our brilliant DWP Security community as a Senior Security Manager.
Our Senior Security Managers help ensure a consistent approach to risk-informed decisions about DWP’s the current and future security investments required to protect assets, and transform our security architecture.
As a Senior Security Risk Manager you will work within the Digital Group to help deliver first line risk identification, assessment, remediation and treatment of risks. You will identify controls and make recommendations to address security vulnerabilities and control weaknesses in projects and programmes of work, whilst leading and influencing the management of tactical and strategic risks.
You will have the experience and knowledge to select with confidence the most appropriate tools and methods to support the delivery of change. You’ll build relationships with project communities, change teams and business areas that are big enough to maximise opportunities for continuous improvement.
What skills, experience and qualifications are we looking for?
• You will ideally have experience of security risk management for HR and/or Finance & Accounting Systems and Services.
• Experience or ability to scope and assess risks, including business impacts, produce risk assessments and identify appropriate risk based controls.
• Awareness of risk management frameworks and risk management best practice.
• A good knowledge of enterprise scale GRC programmes, risk management frameworks and risk management process.
• Good knowledge of the security considerations for Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solutions.
Where will you work?
DWP Digital is a community of digital professionals within DWP, the largest government department. You’ll join us in one of our easy to reach hubs in your choice of Manchester or Blackpool where you’ll enjoy great facilities and an active local community. Find out more here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
We believe in giving you a working experience that meets your needs and expectations and that means a focus on work-life balance, flexible hours, team-based working and the ability to work from multiple locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, disability, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £58,135,a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
• Flexible working and family friendly policies
• Volunteering and charitable giving
• Discounts and savings on shopping, holidays, insurance, healthcare, events, fun days out and more
• Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
• Sports and social activities
• Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, progression opportunities and guaranteed 5-days formal learning per year.
• And lots more
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.