A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 20%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
|Closing date||18 September 2019|
If you’re creative and curious to learn, want to be empowered to make decisions and challengw the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for talented Senior Security Risk Manager to join our growing community of experts and become a key part of one of the biggest and highest-profile digital transformation programmes in the world. Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything we do – we create innovative digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users.
This role presents an exciting opportunity to work with Digital leaders within the department and across government as part of the 17,000 strong DDaT profession.
For this role security is embedded in everything you do, this is a first line of defence for some of our most critical systems. Our Senior security risk managers support and ensure consistency in approach for the delivery of risk-informed decisions regarding current and future security investments required to protect assets, and transform security architecture.
As Senior Security Risk Manager you will identify controls and make recommendations to address security vulnerabilities and control weaknesses in project and programmes, whilst leading and influencing the management of tactical and strategic risks.
We are looking for someone to provide effective line management and leadership for a multidisciplinary team. You will identify controls and make recommendations to address security vulnerabilities and control weaknesses in project and programmes, whilst leading and influencing the management of tactical and strategic risks.
This role will be assisting in protecting critical national infrastructure. On a day to day basis, you’ll make sure that all assets in payment services are fully compliant to the required standard
You’ll lead a stream of delivery within the Enterprise Security Risk Management and GRC programmes, to ensure effective security risk expertise, advice and support is delivered to business managers, Senior Risk Owners and the Executive Team within DWP
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Controls (CRISC), or equivalent risk management qualifications, and or proven knowledge of risk management – identification, assessment, risk response and mitigation, control monitoring and reporting.
- Experience with ISO27005 Certified ISMS Risk Management (CIS RM) qualification (ISO 17024-certificated) and experience of undertaking information assurance reviews such as ISO27001 assurance.
- Experience with ISO27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer (CIS LI).
- Certified Information Systems Security Manager (CISSP), (Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), or an equivalent security qualification.
- Experience in identifying potential security threats to payment assets/systems, working with Cyber Resilience Centres and/or intelligence from the wider cyber security community.
- Experience in assessment of projects for vulnerabilities that could be exploited to compromise payment services/assets
Where You’ll Work
You’ll join us in our brilliant digital hub in Blackpool. our hub sits in a nature park full of wild rabbits, birds, carp and even a family of otters. Inside you can enjoy gym facilities, wellness and relaxation zones, collaboration spaces, coffee shops, a canteen and lots more.
DWP Digital is part of the UK’s biggest government department, and along with 85,000 colleagues, we support 20 million people every day to help them to find work and save for their future. Few other organisations globally provide the same opportunity to apply next-generation digital technology on a massive scale to issues which touch the lives of so many.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £58,153, a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package. We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning, development and progression opportunities
HOW TO APPLY: For further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs click apply.