Number of vacancies
Up to £40,666
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 20%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
24 January 2021
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP is the UK’s largest government department. We deliver products and services that are used by millions of people in the UK, every day and at key moments in their lives.
We are looking for a talented Senior Service Manager to work with us on a once-in-a-generation digital transformation of these services.
You’ll join our community of digital experts – DWP Digital. Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything we do – we create innovative, scalable digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users and to our amazing DWP colleagues.
Delivery. Work. Projects.
In Child Maintenance Group we do work that ensures that children and carers in the UK are receiving the money and support they need. We’re using technology to make that process work better and more efficiently, and to make our support and services easier to access.
As our Senior Service Manager you’ll be using your knowledge and technical understanding of CMS2012 knowledge and technical understanding of CMS2012 you will be responsible for defining and managing specific service level agreements (SLAs) and operational level agreements (OLAs) to deliver to agreed performance targets across all operational and online functions for CMG.
You will be responsible for driving problem management analysis and the resolution of complex issues, enlisting support and escalating where appropriate to relevant delivery partners.
You will own stakeholder relationships and make sure that Child Maintenance products and services are delivering the best value for money in meeting business and user requirements. You’ll offer guidance and respond effectively to queries about Product/Service design, policy and more.
You will have line management responsibility which would require leading a large and diverse team, setting team plans and objectives, managing development of others and acting as a point of escalation.
You’ll be available for on call work as required too.
What skills, knowledge and experience will you need?
• Ensures that the right actions are taken to investigate, resolve and anticipate problems.
• Leads the team to effectively investigate problems, implement solutions and take preventative measures.
• Has a high level of experience and understanding of Siebel and is able to dissect a problem to its component parts to identify and diagnose root causes.
• Able to troubleshoot and identify problems across different technology capabilities including on line services.
• Achieves excellent user outcomes.
Customer Service Management
• Delivers and maintains a high level of customer service working across a wide stakeholder group and seamlessly with external delivery partners.
• Has the confidence to deal with complex complaints and uses empathy to satisfy customer demands.
• Welcomes and responds to views and challenges from others. Leads change and can inspire and motivate a diverse team ensuring they are fully engaged and motivated in delivering a significant programme of transformation.
Making Effective Decisions
• Encourages both innovative suggestions and challenges from others to inform decision making.
Managing a Quality Service
• Demonstrates exceptional customer service by understanding operational complexity alongside the diversity of all customer needs.
• Delivers a high quality, efficient and cost effective service ensuring full consideration of new technologies e.g. Kibana, accessibility and costings.
• Make clear, practical and manageable plans for service delivery proactively managing risks and identifying solutions.
• Works with colleagues, stakeholders, delivery partners and customers to help improve the quality of service.
• ITIL qualified or relevant experience in working with service management frameworks and agile project management methodologies.
Where You’ll Work
You’ll join us in our brilliant digital hub in Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Find out more about our hubs here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
Development. Wages. Perks.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £40,666 a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
• Flexible working
• Family friendly policies
• Volunteering and charitable giving
• Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
• Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
• Sports and social activities
• Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application. If you want to talk about this opportunity before you apply contact me via: firstname.lastname@example.org