|Number of vacancies||3|
|Salary||Up to £62,203|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
|Closing date||17 July 2020|
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
We’re looking for Senior Software engineers with a test driven approach to join our team in Newcastle. We’re delivering innovative solutions that are improving the lives of our citizens, increasing availability and enabling faster payments. Come join our growing community of experts and become a key part of one of the biggest and most-high profile digital transformations in the world.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be an integral part of the DWP Digital team, designing and delivering products and services that are used by 22 million people in the UK, including friends, family, neighbours and some of the most vulnerable people in our society.
Duties. Work. Projects – You and your role:
You’ll join our brilliant team in Newcastle, where we develop products and services to support parents and children, people accessing their pension and managing their retirement, and those people who are going through bereavement. It’s rewarding work, and we’re really proud when we see how what we do has helped real people.
This is an extraordinary time and we’ve never needed talented and motivated digital professionals like you more than we do right now. Here you’ll write code and build applications that enable people to better access the support they need, when they need it.
We’re a collaborative, pragmatic and multi-disciplinary team with a culture that is relaxed, open and driven by a desire to achieve. We use the latest tech and tooling, and whatever else we need to get the job done, and work on cloud and microservice architectures.
What really excites us is problem-solving and the opportunity to deliver innovative technology that carries real value for users. You’ll draw value from collaboration with others, and actively share input and insight with teammates from lots of different disciplines – developers, designers, researchers, architects, testers and more.
What skills, knowledge and experience will you need?
You’ll need to be able to:
• Design and lead the strategies for building reusable libraries and services.
• Own the development of medium-long term strategies for product lines and the Software Engineering Community.
• Provide 3rd line support on products developed, including out of hours support as and when required.
• Lead multiple Software Engineering teams providing technical leadership and guidance. Including coaching and mentoring your team and their professional development.
• Contribute and set strategic direction for product team and the wider Software Engineering community.
• Lead the collaboration & sharing of knowledge and good practice with the wider software engineering community.
• Lead and support community discussions about best practice within Software Engineering.
Your technical skills:
• Developing on cloud based environments like AWS and Azure
• Have a good understanding of TDD and BDD
• Knowledge and experience of APIs, RESTful services and Microservice Architectures
Where You’ll Work
You’ll join us in our brilliant digital hub in Newcastle. Find out more about our hubs here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.Responsible for welfare, pensions and child maintenance policy, DWP transacts around £170 billion in payments each year, operates out of more than 800 locations and has over 84,000 employees. We run one of the most complex IT estates in Western Europe.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
What is our offer?
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £62,203 a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
• Flexible working
• Family friendly policies
• Volunteering and charitable giving
• Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
• Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
• Sports and social activities
• Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application in civilservice job page. If you want to talk about this opportunity before you apply contact me via email@example.com