|Salary||Up to £62,203|
|Closing date||6 July 2020|
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
We’re looking for an experienced, intuitive software engineer with a Test Driven approach to join our team in Leeds.
We’re delivering innovative solutions that are improving the lives of our citizens, increasing availability and enabling faster payments. Come join our growing community of experts and become a key part of one of the biggest and most high profile digital transformation programmes in the world.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be an integral part of the team, designing and delivering products and services that are used by 22 million people in the UK, including friends, family, neighbours and some of the most vulnerable people in our society.
Duties. Work. Projects – You and your role:
These are extraordinary times and we’ve never needed talented and motivated digital professionals like you more than we do now. You’ll do work that ultimately enables people to better access the support and services they need at critical times in their lives.
We’re a collaborative, pragmatic and multi-disciplinary team with a culture that is relaxed, open and driven by a desire to achieve. We use the latest tech and tooling, and whatever else we need to get the job done, and work on cloud and microservice architectures.
What really excites us is problem-solving and the opportunity to deliver innovative technology that carries real value for users. You’ll draw value from collaboration with others, and actively share input and insight with teammates from lots of different disciplines – developers, designers, researchers, architects, testers and more.
- Design and lead the strategies for building reusable libraries and services.
- Own the development of medium-long term strategies for product lines and the Software Engineering Community.
- Identify and support the resolution of infrastructure faults.
- Provide 3rd line support on products developed, including out of hours support as and when required.
- Lead multiple Software Engineering teams providing technical leadership and guidance. Including coaching and mentoring your team and their professional development.
- Contribute and set strategic direction for product team and the wider Software Engineering community.
- Lead the collaboration & sharing of knowledge and good practice with the wider software engineering community.
- Lead and support community discussions about best practice within Software Engineering.
- Developing on cloud based environments like AWS and Azure
- Have a good understanding of TDD and BDD
- Knowledge and experience of APIs, RESTful services and Microservice Architectures
Where You’ll Work
You’ll join us in our brilliant digital hub in central Leeds. Find out more about here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/leeds
We are a building a Software Engineering community that believes in nurturing the talent of our people, and here you’ll step onto a career path with many opportunities to develop and expand your knowledge base and skill set.
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, disability, gender, race or sexuality.
Details. Wages. Perks.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £62,203, a brilliant civil service pension with contributions worth over 27%, and a generous annual leave package starting at 25 days. We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning, development, coaching and mentoring
- Career pathways and progression
- And lots more
For further information and to start your application click apply.
We value capability over experience, and we’ll ask you to demonstrate the depth and breadth of your skills/knowledge in your application. We want to see what have you delivered before when using our key technologies, what technical solutions have you shaped, your knowledge of providing technical product support. Show us what you can do.