|Salary||Up to £71,561|
Our flexible benefits package includes competitive salary, employer pensions contributions up to 10%, an annual bonus up to 10%, great work life balance and loads more.
|Closing date||6 December 2018|
Do you want to be part of something really big?
>BPDTS Ltd provides dedicated services to the Department for Work and Pensions. Our digital, data and technology specialists work closely with experts in DWP Digital’s community to make digital services quicker, simpler and more efficient for the millions of people that use them.
We are looking for Senior Software Engineers to work with us on one of the largest transformation programmes in Europe, providing services that have far-reaching and pivotal roles in citizens’ lives. In BPDTS a relaxed culture empowers our teams to focus entirely on the incredible outcomes we’re trying to achieve.
We know that better digital services in government will mean better public services, with the power to make a difference to lives of 22 million UK citizens. Our fast growing digital community is driving that change.
You and your role
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be a skilled practitioner and role model in software craftsmanship. Responsible for ensuring best practices are adhered to across the department and guiding teams on how to deliver a quality product.
You will contribute to the Architectural & Software Engineering principals, that will help ensure the systems are fit for purpose.With a focus on stability, availability and quality you will be accountable for the code your teams produce.
You will own the overall the Software Development Process within Software Engineering along with setting the strategies for products and the wider community. You will provide technical leadership to a team of Software Engineers along with providing oversight to the products they develop.
What are we looking for?
- Extensive experience working with, distributed version control systems, open source technologies, developing on cloud based environments, SQL and no-SQL database applications.
- Implementing Software Engineering best practices and governing them.
- Experience of using a modern standards approach and able to guide others in doing so, including leading Software
- Engineers in test-driven development alongside the use of automated test frameworks.
- Experience developing software within a Micro-Service architecture and an understanding of appropriate utilisation. As well as building public facing and internal REST.
- Define approaches to understanding users stories and guides others in doing so.
- Experience working with a technical architect to specify the architecture and technical approach for the product being developed.
- Experience of leading multiple Software Engineer teams in a complex, multi-disciplinary environment. Co-ordinating build activities across systems and integration testing. Being able to identify and implement opportunities to optimise the software development process.
- SQL and no-SQL Databases
Where will you work?
We have easy-to-reach digital hubs in Blackpool, Leeds, London, Manchester, Newcastle & Sheffield. Each hub is designed for and by members of our digital community. We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things.
What is our offer?
- We’ll reward you with a very competitive salary of up to £71,561
- You will be eligible for a pension with employer contributions of up to 10%
- We can offer you a performance related annual bonus of up to 10%
- We’ll help you balance your life and work
- We’ll give you a generous leave allowance, with the option to buy and sell extra days
We also offer much more as part of a flexible benefits package – including a cycle to work scheme and lots of family friendly perks – which can be tailored to your lifestyle. If you really impress us with your skills and experience then we may be able to negotiate the maximum salary.
Building our future
We believe the work we do really matters, so we’re serious about investing in you.
You’ll have access to a huge suite of training and learning opportunities to complement the new skills you’ll acquire on the job. You’ll get the chance to share knowledge and with colleagues from across our digital communities, and to grow your skills through our coaching and mentoring programmes.
Hit APPLY for more information and to continue your application on our careers page. There you will also find candidate pack with more information, which you can download by clicking the ‘Job Spec’ button.
You’ll need to register (you can use your LinkedIn profile) and upload a CV and then complete a short application form.
If you have any questions or you want to discuss this opportunity please contact me via CHARLIE.WHITE@DWP.GSI.GOV.UK