|Location||Blackpool, Leeds, Manchester and Sheffield|
|Salary||£49,171 — up to £61,000|
• Learning and development tailored to your role
|Closing date||17 August 2020|
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Solution Architect specialising in Cloud Infrastructure to join a small team of solution architects who are working with DWP’s Identity & Trust (ID&T) programme.
The ID&T programme is tasked with the strategic design and implementation of DWP’s Identity Access Management (IAM) solution for citizen, third party and organisational identity. We’re also extending to incorporate capabilities such as, identity proofing, transactional risking and behavioural analytics.
We’re making it easier for our users to self-serve, and to access the support they need. To do that, and to prevent fraud and error, we need to build trust that a user of DWP services is genuine, and the information surrounding that user is accurate. Implementing appropriate and proportionate Identity controls and solutions is a core foundation of DWP’s once-in-a-generation digital transformation.
Duties. Work. Projects.
You’ll be the Technical Architect within an existing 8 person DevOps Team, working closely with the Delivery Manager for Identity & Trust. You will work closely with a small team of Solution Architects that support functional delivery within Identity and Trust.
Our programme of work will deliver a combination of re-usable and shareable capabilities from various sources/suppliers, providing consistent and simplified journeys for claimants and staff. Known as the “Dynamic Trust Hub”, the service will layer complexity away from consuming services and give them a single integration point for Identity and Trust.
It’s a business critical role ideally suited to an architect with experience of Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment approaches and techniques and of supporting technical deployment teams, including Developers and DevOps engineers.
You should have experience of developing solutions for deployment into public cloud (AWS preferred) environments. Knowledge of Kubernetes would be useful, but not essential.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate they have skills and experience in:
- Architecture design and modelling techniques, patterns, tools and standards.
- Public cloud technologies, cloud hosting, container, and networking design patterns, tools and best practices (especially AWS).
- Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) cloud-based application deployment technologies, design patterns, tools and best practice.
- Agile / DevOps delivery methodologies and best practices.
- Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) delivery methodologies, tools and best practice (including experience of establishing and maintaining multiple deployment code branches).
- Supporting technical deployment teams (developers and DevOps e ngineers).
Where will you work?
You’ll join our team in your choice of our brilliant digital hubs in Blackpool, Leeds, Manchester or Sheffield. Find out more about our hubs here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
We also have the tech and tools we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
We’re the UK’s biggest government department with over 80,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
Details. Wages. Perks.
In return for your skills we offer up to £61,000p.a., a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, and a generous leave package. We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, holidays, insurance, healthcare, events, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, progression opportunities and guaranteed 5-days formal learning per year.
- And lots more
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
If you have any questions of you want to discuss the role before you apply get in touch with me via firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out some top tips for getting hired here at DWP Digital via the links below:
http://bit.ly/3bw3Fzo AND http://bit.ly/2SugTEt