|Number of vacancies||12|
|Location||Leeds, Sheffield, Newcastle and Blackpool|
|Salary||Up to £61,000 per annum|
|Work hours||37 per week (flexible working)|
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary, a brilliant civil service pension and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
• Flexible working and family friendly policies
|Closing date||21 July 2019|
If you’re creative and curious to learn, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for talented Senior Technical Architects to join our growing community of experts and become a key part of one of the biggest and highest-profile digital transformation programmes in the world.
Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything we do – we create innovative digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users.
You and your role
You would be responsible for blending a variety of different competency areas – strong architectural and developmental skills are as vital as communication or leadership skills.
Working with engineering teams, supporting the design, development, delivery and maintenance of IT products and services. This will typically be for a project or strand of a programme.
Deep knowledge in your field is required as you help to grow the technical architecture community, support the community and build high quality products and services.
Bridging the gap between technical and non-technical, you will listen to the needs of the technical and business stakeholders and interpret between them.
What are we looking for?
We are especially interested in applications if you have knowledge and practical experience of:
• Agile / DevOps delivery methodologies and best practice.
• Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) delivery methodologies, tools and best practice.
• Microservice and API-led architecture and integration design tools, techniques and best practice.
• Application and integration architecture, frameworks, technologies, tools and best practice.
• Cloud and infrastructure architecture, frameworks, technologies, tools and best practice.
• PHP, Python/Ruby/Perl software/scripting frameworks, technologies, tools and best practice.
• Analytics and Big Data design/modelling, technologies, design patterns, tools and best practice.
• Public cloud technologies, e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), cloud hosting and networking design patterns, tools and best practice.
Where You’ll Work
You’ll join us in one of our easy-to-reach digital hubs in Leeds, Sheffield, Newcastle or Blackpool.
Each of our hubs is a modern, vibrant workplace that was designed for and by members of our digital community. Our central hubs have the best of their locations on the doorstep and we have a range of facilities across the sites from cafes, coffee shops and restaurants, to ping pong, gym facilities and loads more.
Here we provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things. You will work alongside people who care passionately about public service, making a difference and delivering for our customers.
We’re the UK’s biggest government department with over 80,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
Building Our Future
We believe the work we do really matters, so we’re serious about investing in your ability.
You’ll have access to a huge suite of training and learning opportunities to complement the new skills and experience you’ll acquire on the job.
You’ll share ideas with colleagues from across the tech community, and grow your skills via our coaching and mentoring programmes
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start your application.