|Number of vacancies||1|
|Salary||£47,971 — up to £61,000 per annum|
|Work hours||37 per week (flexible working)|
We have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
|Closing date||2 March 2020|
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
We’re looking for a Senior Technical (Solution) Architect – Security to join our growing community of experts. DWP is leading a once in a generation programme of welfare reform and you’ll help drive forward a key part of one of the biggest and highest-profile digital transformation programmes in the world.
DWP currently has an enormously ambitious and challenging agenda, often working in partnership with the private and voluntary sector. We provide services and support to over 20 million people, are responsible for over 730 million benefit payment transactions each year.
At the heart of this massive agenda is the digital transformation of the services that DWP provides, which will radically improve how government interacts with people. We’ll make our services easier and swifter to access; the time taken to develop new services will be decreased and the cost of delivery will be reduced significantly.
You and your role
As a Senior Technical Architect at DWP Digital specialising in Security Architecture, you will be responsible for supporting multiple project teams in Universal Credit.
Blending your technical knowledge, architecture and development skills, you will also have a deep knowledge and experience in Security.
You will design secure system architectures through the application of patterns and principles, to meet user needs whilst managing risks and identifying security issues.
Providing advice and guidance on the risk impact of vulnerabilities in existing and also future designs / systems, you will assess the likelihood of vulnerability exploitation.
Guiding and informing risk based decisions, you will advise and provide visibility of developments in security properties of technology.
You will be required to identify new technologies whilst working with the DWP Digital Design Authority, as well as the broader security community, to look at how and where they could be exploited in business areas.
It will be key that you effectively communicate security and risk implications to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
What skills and experience are we looking for?
You will be able to demonstrate:
• Architecture design and modelling techniques, tools and standards.
• Security threat trends, analysis and protection technologies, tools and best practice (e.g. software exploits/ SQL injection/ cross-site scripting/ remote file inclusion/ stolen credentials/ ‘watering hole’ attacks/ DDOS/ malware/ phishing/ ransomware).
• Secure communication and encryption/ cryptographic technologies, tools and best practice (e.g. IPSec/ Kerberos/ TLS/ SSL).
• Identification, authentication and Single Sign-On(SSO) technologies, tools and best practice (e.g. OpenID / Oauth 2.0/ OIDC/ XACML/ OATH reference architecture/ Kerberos/ SAML/ WS-Security/ RACF).
• Cybersecurity technologies, tools and best practice.
It would also be useful if you are certified in one or more of the following:
* Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) – systems auditing, control and security
* Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) – relationship between an information security program and broader business goals and objectives.
* Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC) business risk and appropriate IS controls.
Click this link to check out tips for getting hired here at DWP Digital
Where will you work?
You’ll join our team at our digital hub in Leeds. Based at Quarry House, the hub is only a ten minute walk from the train station. There’s also a daily shuttle bus to and from the railway station.
It has plenty of informal, collaborative spaces, and facilities include a restaurant, coffee bar, vending machines, cycle shelter and showers.
It also houses the Forum Leisure Centre and Woodpecker Café Bar, with loads of activities, including swimming, squash and a gym.
Have a closer look at the facilities via this link.
Also, check out this link as Leeds is one of our homes to the GDS Academy, user experience lab and UX command centre.
We’re the UK’s biggest government department with over 80,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
If you have any questions or you want to discuss the role before you apply get in touch via email@example.com