|Location||Blackpool or Manchester|
|Salary||Up to £61,000|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 20%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
|Closing date||15 October 2019|
Do you want to be part of something really big? If you’re creative and curious to learn, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here.
DWP are looking for an experienced Technical Architect with skills and experience in the Security domain to work with us on in a once-in-a-generation digital transformation. Our people work on projects that are revolutionising products and services that are used by millions of people every day.
We know that better digital services in government will mean better public services. Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything we do – we create innovative digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users.
DWP is the UK’s largest government department. Our products and services are used by millions of people every day, including some of our society’s most vulnerable. We have a very large number of projects and applications that need to be built and maintained. It’s an architecture security challenge unlike anything else out there in terms of scope, scale and impact. If you have the skills and the appetite to take it on, we’d love to hear from you.
About your role
Our Senior Technical Architects describe and ensure conformance of solutions (products and services) to agreed architecture policies, principles and patterns. You are a specialist in your domain advising, steering and governing solution design in relation to Security Architecture.
Senior Security Domain Architects share their domain knowledge and experience to drive IT strategy, including definition of the tools and techniques most appropriate for the environment. So we are looking for someone with a deep understanding of the Security. Domain.
You are also a holistic systems thinker capable of driving and evolving a complex technical vision. You will encourage flexible thinking and appreciate new, emerging insights and multiple perspectives as a way to solve problems and steer technical direction.
In this role you will sit in a small team and set the strategy, policies and principles around security architecture for DWP, as well as providing assurance and governance for other architects in delivery projects to help steer them in right direction. The end user is all-important for us. As a Senior Architect you are responsible for leading, managing and delivering aspects of technology domain architecture activities to meet customer needs.
What skills, knowledge and experience are we looking for?
- Security threat trends, analysis and protection technologies, tools and best practice e.g. software exploits/ SQL injection/ cross-site scripting/ remote file inclusion/ stolen credentials/ ‘watering hole’ attacks/ DDOS/ malware/ phishing/ ransomware.
- Secure communication and encryption/ cryptographic technologies, tools and best practice e.g. IPSec/ Kerberos/ TLS/ SSL.
- Identification, authentication and Single Sign-On(SSO) technologies, tools and best practice e.g. OpenID/ Oauth 2.0/ OIDC/ XACML/ OATH reference architecture/ Kerberos/ SAML/ WS-Security/ RACF.
- Cybersecurity technologies, tools and best practice.
Where You’ll Work
You’ll join us in our easy-to-reach digital hub in Blackpool or Manchester
Our Blackpool hub is based on the outskirts of the city and is a 15 minute drive from the station. There are also local buses that stop nearby. Its facilities include a TechBar, canteen, coffee shop, deli bar, vending machines, ATM banking, cycle shelter and showers..
Our Manchester hub is based in the city centre and is easily accessible by tram, bus or rail. Its facilities include a TechBar, café, cycle shelter, showers, Wudu washing facilities, GDS Academy, user experience lab and UX command centre.
We’re the UK’s biggest government department with over 80,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary of up to £61,000 a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package. We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Time off for volunteering and easy charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning, development, career progression, coaching and mentoring and a strong, supportive architecture community
- And lots more…
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application. If you want to talk about this opportunity before you apply contact me via email@example.com