£39,957 — up to £45,018
37 per week
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
10 May 2021
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP is the UK’s largest government department. We make payments worth over £195bn a year to support some of the most vulnerable people in our society. We deliver products and services that are used by millions of people in the UK, every day and at key moments in their lives.
DWP Digital user fresh ideas and leading edge technologies to put the user at the centre of everything we do. We create innovative, scalable digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users and to our amazing DWP colleagues. It’s a generation transformation driven by our desire to use tech to enable better outcomes for our users.
We are looking for a talented technical support professional to work with and support our most senior stakeholders and a number of VIP’s.
You’ll offer a bespoke, fast-paced, flexible and often face-to-face technical support service to critical people, who need to be online with the right tools and tech at their fingertips. You’ll make that happen.
Delivery. Work. Projects.
This role is based in London at the heart of DWP’s operations.
You’ll need the experience and know-how to manage a team of highly technical 3rd line engineers. And you’ll have the hands-on skills required to offer a tailored, responsive technical service for senior stakeholders, creating immediate solutions to any issues and requests.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead a team at the top of their game, supporting very important users who will rely on your expertise and solutions to continue working on some of the country’s most important projects.
Due to the nature of this role you will need to have or be able to pass Security Clearance.
What skills, knowledge and experience will you need?
- You have knowledge of logical schemata to investigate problems, collect performance statistics and create reports.
- You anticipate and exploit opportunities presented by new technologies to enhance capability.
- You can collaborate with user researchers and can sell/represent users internally.
- You can offer recommendations on the best tools and methods to be used.
- You ensure colleagues and stakeholders have a clear understanding of objectives, activities and time-frames.
- You take into account different individual needs, views, and ideas, championing inclusion and equality of opportunity for all.
Managing a Quality Service:
- Work with stakeholders to set priorities, objectives and timescales.
- Successfully deliver high quality outcomes that meet the customers’ needs and gives value for money.
- Experience in managing areas of an IT Operations organisation
- Experience managing specialised Technical teams supporting high profile end users, in pressurised situations.
- Supports infrastructure solutions and services, and other computer, storage, networking, physical infrastructure, software, commercial off the shelf (COTS) and open source packages and solutions, virtual and cloud including IaaS, PaaS, SaaS.
Details. Wages. Perks.
You’ll join us in our brilliant digital hub in London. Find out more about our hubs here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £45,018 a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package starting at 25 days.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working, flexi hours and flexi days
- Family friendly policies
- Time off volunteering and charitable giving
- Bring your authentic self to work with ‘I Can Be Me in DWP’
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Working in an award winning environment and culture
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application. If you want to talk about this opportunity before you apply contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org