|Location||Leeds or Manchester|
|Salary||Up to £57,275|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 20%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
|Closing date||16 August 2019|
Do you want to be part of something really big? If you’re creative and curious to learn, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
DWP are looking for Senior Test Engineer to work with us on in a once-in-a-generation digital transformation. Our people work on projects that are revolutionising products and services that are used by millions of people every day.
Our Senior Test Engineers build and deliver comprehensive, robust and reliable automated test frameworks and automation suites to provide full coverage across a range of really important projects and programmes.
We know that better digital services in government will mean better public services. Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything we do – we create innovative digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users.
You and your role
As Senior Test Engineer you will be responsible to work across a variety of project teams and services within our portfolio. Since we came together as a team, we’ve come a long way on our agile journey, delivering real value to both citizens and agents through digital services. We’re now looking to develop further, by building our testing capability in a senior capacity. This will help set and promote industry standards across our services to make the more robust and ensure high availability.
Here you’ll lead multiple test engineers, set the direction, and define the right tools and approaches across the Test community. As a senior engineer you’ll be expected to support and develop the existing automation testers embedded in our teams, so we require a candidate with strong experience of automating testing from the front-end / UI through to the back end and APIs.
We’d also like experience of running automation tests through integration pipelines and will require strong and relevant coding skills, not just the ability to create automation tests and run them manually
What are we looking for?
- Lead the setup and adoption of continuous integration, delivery and deployment practices.
- Lead on the creation of automation testing from the front/UI through to the backend and API’s.
- Extensive knowledge of coding, mainly Java and extensive knowledge of selenium and cucumber
- Lead on running automation tests through integration pipelines
- Drive collaboration by aligning what teams are working on and highlighting the key dependencies, impacts and priorities.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Agile and delivery values, methodology and tools.
- Support the professional development of Test Engineering team members through coaching, mentoring and access to appropriate learning resources.
Where You’ll Work
You’ll join us in our easy-to-reach digital hub in Leeds or Manchester
Each of our hubs is a modern, vibrant workplace that was designed for and by members of our digital community. Our central hubs have the best of their locations on the doorstep and we have a range of facilities across the sites from cafes, coffee shops and restaurants, to ping pong, gym facilities and loads more. Get in touch to find out more about your chosen location
We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things. You will work alongside people who care passionately about public service, making a difference and delivering for our customers.
We’re the UK’s biggest government department with over 80,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary Up to £57,275 a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and development, coaching, mentoring, networking, career progression and lots more
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application. If you want to talk about this opportunity before you apply contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org